Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Starting to hate the damn thing now!!! HELP

andy1985

Trainee
I'm slowly sorting the niggly things out, today my carbon blade arrived for the rear spoiler so whilst fitting I decided to repair the rams.

At some point in the cars life someones had the rams in bits, it must have been a complete retard because they've lost a spacer out of one of the rams, hacked the microswitch wiring to death even though they've had the microswitch mount off because when they refitted it they trapped the lever :eh!:

Anyway long story short the spoilers on and going up and down but I'm not convinced it's 100% fixed

if i put the spoiler up I can't lower it straight away, if I hold the button it comes up with the failure message, if i raise it and leave it for a minute or so it lowers without issue :?: not sure how it performs whilst driving as I've not been out in it yet, see the next problem for that one.

This could be normal for the 911 but I had a Corrado VR6 years ago and I could raise and lower that spoiler straight away.

Now for the major issue, when I parked the car in the garage on wednesday the airbags were fine, I switched the ignition on to raise the spoiler blade this afternoon to begin the above repair and all was fine.
Now after the spoiler repair I've got an airbag failure message, I've tried removing the battery which made no difference.

Anyone got any ideas???

Andy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back