Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports Exhaust

Nick P

Is there anyway that I can change the settings on the sports exhaust so that I can start the car in default mode with the sports exhaust switched off? Then when I want to scare a few grannys make the switch manually? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67935

which car do you have ?

IIRC there is a switch with the PSE equipped cars

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67959

The PSE's require intake manifold vacuum to close the valves on the silencers that put them into quiet mode. As there is no vacuum until after the engine starts, then I doubt it would be possible to start-up in quiet mode.

Ian W

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68024

If it is a fully switchable system then the only thing you can do is turn the ignition to the first stage, switch to "quiet" mode and then start up.

Apparently it is not possible to change the default to automatically start up in an environmentally friendly fashion.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68030

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DaveK on 01 August 2006

If it is a fully switchable system then the only thing you can do is turn the ignition to the first stage, switch to "quiet" mode and then start up.

Apparently it is not possible to change the default to automatically start up in an environmentally friendly fashion.
There's not much environmentally friendly about a Porsche is there?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68036

Thanks guys...I have these elderly neighbours you see and they dont appreciate the sportiness at 6.30 in the morning! Just going to have to remember to press the switch before i go off!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68084

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nick P on 01 August 2006

Thanks guys...I have these elderly neighbours you see and they dont appreciate the sportiness at 6.30 in the morning! Just going to have to remember to press the switch before i go off!
The sound of a beautiful engine should be a pleasure at any time of the day! I really don't see there problem. :twisted:

The funny thing is, I think all our neighbours say a similar thing, mine say that they have a window that rattles when I start mine up in the morning (with no PSE). At least they don't complain though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68092

i can understand it, its bloody annoying being woken up when you don't want to be woken up.

A mate at work is always moaning about his neighbour who has a TVR tuscan ;-)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68169

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 01 August 2006

The funny thing is, I think all our neighbours say a similar thing, mine say that they have a window that rattles when I start mine up in the morning (with no PSE).
Tell them to fix their window !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68171

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 02 August 2006

Previous poster said:

The funny thing is, I think all our neighbours say a similar thing, mine say that they have a window that rattles when I start mine up in the morning (with no PSE).
It seems to be the obvious solution and they might as well get double glazing at the same time! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68184

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 02 August 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

It seems to be the obvious solution and they might as well get double glazing at the same time! :wink:
the way i see it is that your doing them a favour by highlighting the deficiencies of their windows :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68189

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 02 August 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

the way i see it is that your doing them a favour by highlighting the deficiencies of their windows :D
Basically a public service! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68216

How much should I look to pay to get one of these new fandangled
switchable exhausts? I'm off the the OPC in East London tomorrow morning to have my MOT and I'm thinking of getting one from them, but will it cost me an arm and a leg or can I get one elsewhere for just the cost of an arm?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68220

i think supply and fit is around 2k+ at OPC, less if you get it fitted by an indie.

Obviously requirements differ, but i have a non-switchable PSE. i have never been in a situation where i wished i had a switch. In fact i got the vlaves clamped open to get rid of the cutout between 30-44mph and to make sure they are ALWAYS on.

Can understand not wishing to offend neighbours etc, but the PSE sounds sooooo sexy i don't think a switch is worth the extra cash (its the switch bit that accounts for most of the labour charge during fitting)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68221

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back