Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports exhaust

dick jones

Monza
I think my 997 Carrera S is a fantastic car in every aspect except one area where I think it lacks is the exhaust note, not so spine tingling as a 993 air cooled.So is there a way of geting close to that metalic sound without buying a 993,would a sports system do a good job and can a switchable system be fiited, don't want to sound boy racer though not the image for a Porshe I think. So anyone out there with a sports system and any reccomended suppliers/manufacturers I could contact for more info, are they easy to fit as I have'nt been under a car since my TR6 restoration days and I need to blow the cobwebs off me spanners :wink:

Dick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48523

I drove the 997 with sports switchable exhaust yesterday, and it sounded far better than the standard car

Approx £2k to fit retro

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48524

Daz Is that at a OPC,by the way what did you think of the997.

Dick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48527

I drove the C4S with sports chrono and sports exhaust/seats

Fab car very fast, fab brakes/suspention nice and tight, lovely interior,

basically a thorough evouloution of the 996.

For me, I will be hanging on to the 996 till I get a GT3 (when the kids grow to old to travel in the back).

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48530

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yakker
Back