Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports exhaust noise

markus197627

Just thought I'd share my opinions on my cars exhaust. The car's a 2005 3.8 C2s. When I first got my car it had a factory PSE fitted. There was a nasty noise from the offside silencer, something loose inside. My options were to try and get it fixed or replace them. I opted to replace them with delivery mileage standard silencers with the PSE clone hack already done. With these fitted the car sounded like a standard non PSE exhaust. Don't know if the hack had been done correctly? It used the correct bore pipe and the welding looked very good. Anyway, took the car for a Gundo Hack on Saturday and I'm more than happy now. So, basically PSE sounded very nice, Standard silencers with clone mod sounded way too quiet. Standard silencers with Clone mod and Gundo sound great. Not too loud, no droning inside the car, just a nice aggressive rasp. Strangely the car is quieter on start up with the Gundo and clone than with the Clone mod alone which is good for the neighbours. Oh, if you are in the North Yorkshire area there's a guy in Hunmanby that does allsorts of exhaust fabrication. www.pipetech1.co.uk I was going to use Tony Banks in Leeds but being in Scarborough I thought I'd give Pipetech a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyp
Back