Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports cats re-maps and CEL

sking

Hi

I have a 2001 996 turbo to which a previous owner has added a sports exhaust with sports cats (not sure what make)
I think it may also have been re mapped as it will boost to 1.1 when giving it stick.
The problem is the Check Engine Light keeps coming on.
I can clear it by disconnecting the battery but it only stays off for a day or so.
The car runs fine otherwise and is bloody quick.
I have had the diagnostics done and a P0430 code has been recovered .
Also had an emissions test done that proves the cats are working fine.
It has been suggested that the cats are efficient enough to pass the MOT but not efficient enough to avoid the CEL triggering.

The suggestion is that another remap needs doing to widen the tolerances on the cat efficiency test to avoid triggering the CEL.

Can anyone suggest the best people to do a re map?

Thanks

MRCtuning. They are great.

Anyone else had problems with sports cats and the check engine light?

I had in the past with previous cars ( running racing cats or no cats) . It is recommended to have the map checked after fitting a high flow exhaust.

ok thanks, i will give MRC a ring though they seem quite expensive.

Anyone used Custom Tuning in Bradford?

:nooo:

It is up to you. MRC are extremely good in tuning and they are not the most expensive . Been using their service for more than 7 years . They tuned few cars for me and close friends ( Porsches, Mcars, AMG, Audi RS....etc) . Have your car properly check . I bought a car in the past with a remap from a well known company , It didn't feel right and MRC discovered the map I had was to lean ...+ other problems. They fixed it and the drive home was awesome !!!!
I went this week for an health check and a pressure test . They work a lot on Audis but they certainly know Porsches Turbos too. I am a happy customer and I am sharong my experience.

+1 for MRC Tuning - they'll give your car a proper health-check prior to performing any re-mapping, inform you of any issues that may need addressing, and if you do decide to go for a re-map you'll be very pleased with the results

If its only a cat efficiency warning your getting (and the emissions test has proved they're OK) would it not be easier just to add a spacer to the post cat o2s ?? Especially if your happy with the current map your running.

Spacers are about £10 on eBay for simple ones, you can get right angled ones that work slightly better and some expensive ones now for about £40-50 that claim to have mini catalysts inside them. I've used e regular ones on lots of cars that have been de-catted to eliminate the CEL.

mikem7709 said:
If its only a cat efficiency warning your getting (and the emissions test has proved they're OK) would it not be easier just to add a spacer to the post cat o2s ?? Especially if your happy with the current map your running.

Spacers are about £10 on eBay for simple ones, you can get right angled ones that work slightly better and some expensive ones now for about £40-50 that claim to have mini catalysts inside them. I've used e regular ones on lots of cars that have been de-catted to eliminate the CEL.

Do you have a link to these ??

Thanks that's worth trying.

johnnydangerous , I just put lambda sensor extension into e bay search, came back with loads

Anyone know if M18 is the right thread?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back