Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sorting my Back End 997.1 !!!

porkerjag

Trainee
Have more or less sorted my front end.. new crossover pipes, top mounts, springs, coffin arms, inner steering arms/track rod ends......i must turn my attention to the back end .....i am due a full service this year along with spark plugs and coolant change. I also could do with a new waterpump, engine mounts, tandem pump, rear oil seal, exhaust fixings, the rear braces need sorting.....and at 52k miles and its next birthday being 17 all the rear hoses, including over the engine, the clutch, ignition coils, alternator, starter motor would not go amiss. By my man maths i might as well go for a Hartech rebuild and get everything done at once and as i only use in the summer months this should be more or less it for the forseeable......is there anything i have left out ??

Stuff me .. i can't believe this is all faulty and is more preventative maintenance ?

If something is not an issue then you don't have to change it .. water pump .. ok i get it .. if the tandem pump is not heavily corroded then it doesn't need replacing .

Ok if this is a full lets do everything issue ..

O/s/r brake pipe , that can only be changed with engine out along with over engine a/c pipes ..

Engine mounts maybe , sometimes they let go on undoing but unless dropped then leave them .

waxoil the hell out of the body work when the engine is out , arch liners off and the same there .

Fit larger washers on the silencer heat shields , they rot out and fall down.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeff dussault
Back