Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Some non-Porsche help needed..

Simon W

Barcelona
Morning all,

Being the font of all knowledge, I thought i'd take a Friday opportunity to ask opinions on something non - Porsche. If any of you have any experience of this / ideas on what's causing it that would be great.

I've got an E36 BMW that has an irritating problem. The drivers side window is playing up a bit. When you press the control button and activate the auto open switch, it drops all the way down without any problem. However when I press the button to put the window up again (both when i activate the auto close switch as well as just keeping my finger pressed down on the button) the window goes up about 10cm then drops back down again. The only way I can close the window is by repeatedly tapping the button lots of times in short succession, so the window only rises a couple of cm at a time. It's a bit annoying, especially as I have to go in and out of a car park all day that requires me to put the window up and down to swipe through.Any thoughts on this very much appreciated.Cheers,Simion,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73168

I'm no BM expert, but it sounds like the gear is slipping off the window mechanism? Sounds like you'll have to open up the door and investigate? It hopefully is something lose on the mech and can be easy rectified. But it might also be worn out, in which came somewhere like GSF should have a new mech to replace it with?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73173

hi, if you have got auto switch type windows , it sounds like it might need reseting

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73220

Thanks. I do have auto switch windows. I spoke to BMW and they thought it might need adjusting and/or the track has dried out a little and needs packing with grease.

Cheers for your input.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73251

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back