Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

some help with my new 3.2 wheels

chris milner

Guys my new to me 3.2 is totally standard with white Fuchs, they are in good condition other than the centre caps, see pic.

I’d like to add black genuine caps, who does them or are they copies only?
Can I get the white ones restored?

Cheers

Attachments

• F64F9A49-5E60-492D-ACB2-FF31C8342F74.jpeg
    F64F9A49-5E60-492D-ACB2-FF31C8342F74.jpeg
    978.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 442828C8-7B10-4477-BBF9-D34553D58C3D.jpeg
    442828C8-7B10-4477-BBF9-D34553D58C3D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
Chris,
Why dont you strip them and spray them black? I might have some black ones in the garage I will have a shufty today

It's the return of @spongebob squarepants white wheels fiasco. Get them painted black ASAP. Just ask Sponge how it feels when he got his sorted.

the one i have seen (genuine) are just that painted black and they want silly money for them

it's a DIY job

It's the return of @spongebob squarepants white wheels fiasco. Get them painted black ASAP. Just ask Sponge how it feels when he got his sorted.
To be honest white are much nicer, if I could do it again id have redone them in white

Don't lie

To be honest white are much nicer, if I could do it again id have redone them in white
It’s not driving me nuts but if I keep white it will be a bit different, everyone has black.
It’s just a very genuine original car and didn’t want to change. Who is the go to guy if I do get the centres painted??

Chris,
Why dont you strip them and spray them black? I might have some black ones in the garage I will have a shufty today
I’ll be honest I was thinking of doing that had I’ve done a bit of rattle can painting on my defender. The only thing that put me off was I thought the finish looked enamel. I’ll make a tool to get them off and take a closer look👍

Sand them down and paint them with a can (y)

Watch BlandsBarn on Youtube if you want some tips on restoring a G series. He's balls deep and learning as he goes along on what he thought was an original paint barn find 😬

Sand them down and paint them with a can (y)

Watch BlandsBarn on Youtube if you want some tips on restoring a G series. He's balls deep and learning as he goes along on what he thought was an original paint barn find 😬
Cheers will do👍

Hi Chris, seeing your only in Leeds, I had mine done up in Bolton, if you don’t fancy getting the spray can out yourself 👍The main reason I did mine black was because the whites had faided, not sure what the original white should be?

And because white looked ***** compared to black

Hi Chris, seeing your only in Leeds, I had mine done up in Bolton, if you don’t fancy getting the spray can out yourself 👍The main reason I did mine black was because the whites had faided, not sure what the original white should be?
SpongeBob who did them please? I really prefer black so will get the caps and wheels done at the same time👍

I’ve sent you a PM Chris.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkang79
Back