Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SOLD! Rear 996 Bilsten B4 (M030) damper set up complete. New

gizlaroc

Montreal
Now SOLD!

I did a complete suspension refresh less than 1000 miles ago.

My car came with M030 from the factory so I decided to stick with the Bilstein B4 set up when I renewed it all.

It has the OEM coupe M030 rear springs which have around 30k miles on them, they were replace about 5 years back, new dampers, new OEM top mounts, bump stops, nuts, washers and dust covers.

Basically this is a complete damper set up ready to go in.

Takes around 2-3 hours to swap this out complete. Just swapped them out this morning in the garage and took me 3 hours.

This is for a C2 or C4 Coupe, rather than Targa or Cab. I know it is manual but the springs are slightly softer compared to the auto from my research.

I have decided to go to standard rather than sports set up as my Norfolk B roads are shocking.
The front dampers are the same whether M030 or non MO30 so will keep those.

They are like new, obviously a bit dirty, but drive like new.

I will add pics.

They cost me £700 for the dampers, top mounts, bump stops, dust covers and all the other little bits, and the springs were/are £230.

How about £400 delivered?

By the way, I'm sure people will ask how the standard compares with the M030? Standard definitely soaks up those really poor surfaces better, but you do loose some outright grip and that on rails feel with the M030.
Not as big a gap as I was expecting, but as I use this as a back road blaster I 'think' I prefer the standard set up for now.

Attachments

• img_3515_193.jpeg
    img_3515_193.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 619

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrmward27
Back