Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SLR - Topgear

Luke R

Monza
topgear have been driving the SLR in South Africa. will be aired in about 5 weeks apparantly. mercedes guy at the shoot said merc/mc good for 3.2 0-62 and 210max. i hate the thing but you cant argue with those sort of figures. apparantly makes the "SL55 sound like a metro". still rather have a CGT.

have some photos and will upload them once ive worked out the upload tool

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/topgearslr6.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/topgearslr(1).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/topgearslr7.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/topgearslr8.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/topgearslr9.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11474

Driving this around South Africa!!! :eek:
When you mentioned the word "shoot" I got a tad worried!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11475

Nice face, shame about the arse. :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11476

I think it looks good. Might not be classically beautiful but you can't argue with something as head turning as that.

Still doesn't look enough like a 993 Turbo for my taste. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11479

Without doubt the soft bits of the dog 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11480

I'd take the Carrera GT over this any day!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11526

Looks like a beast from almost any angle, however from the interior shot it looks like a semi automatic gear box in there. I've driven the 360 F1 & the Vanquish and both are lovely cars with crap gearboxes, is this going to be another one that should have stuck with an old fashioned manual gearbox????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11557

I thought the F1 change on the Ferrari was superb. Certainly quicker changes than any normal mortal can manage.

There is apparently a knack to it so have another go Paul I think you might like it.

If you have driven a manual Mercedes you will understand why it is not possible to have this as a manual. IMHO (and that of many others) their manual boxes are shocking.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11561

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by StevenC on 04 December 2003

If you have driven a manual Mercedes you will understand why it is not possible to have this as a manual. IMHO (and that of many others) their manual boxes are shocking.

Agreed, they are VERY poor.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11563

being a mere driving test mortal, therefore not having a clue!, i would sure thurely think a 6spd manual would have a much better driving exp than a 5spd ferrari/maser sequential? please point me out if i am missing a big point?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11604

6 speed manual would be excellent. Just not a Mercedes manual.

Speed of chnage is quicker with sequential box (hence why they are used in F1). You are right though Luke probably makes no difference to mortals like you or I who don't have Personal Bests to beat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11611

Has made me come over all warm looking at those pics. Wow.
But I would still rather the CGT any day.......Soon?
Did the lottery for wednesday.
I get my metro (sl 55) on the 11th of Jan 2004. Should be an interesting change.
O

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11641

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back