Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Silly Grin Time

Rob J

Well after having it couped up in the garage for what seems like an enternity, decided I'd better use the damn thing. Initially most disconcerting as I remember that the car does exactly what you tell it too exactly when you tell it too.

Anyway not huge amounts of traffic, so nice easy ride in. As I'm stopping just outside Chiswick OPC on the A4, i say a small prayer that I can get caught on the front row of the "grid" at the next lights so I can clear a few cobwebs out of the engine, & prayers are nearly answered, 2nd row. But there's a new Audi TT in front & a bus to the side. Great there will be a gap. And YES.....it was a wonderful clear out....and for those of you that know this part of west London...not another piece of traffic all the way up to Hogarth roundabout, lights are green on the roundabout and no traffic on it. Never gone round it at that speed....hee hee... :D :D

Anyway all nicely tucked up downstairs next to a blue 997 C2...who says the 997's are better looking than a 996...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117932

Nice write up Rob, but somehow I doubt the Friday night west London rush hour journey home is going to contain as many grins, more's the pity!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117978

Your a lucky boy.

I am depressed at the moment. Its now 3 weeks since mine went in for its respray and I am getting withdrawl symptoms. The Shogun is as slow as hell and I am bored. God knows how much longer it will be in. I called him 10 days ago and he said that there are some more dents he has found (nothing to do with the vandalism) that he wants to fix so has asked the Insurance co for more hours.

I am driving right past there tomorrow AM as I am collecting a new fridge. Is it the done thing to pop in and ask for a look or not?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117987

Well - I had to cancel the GT3's service three times because of bad weather over the last month - today, I pulled her out and REALLY enjoyed the 60 mile journey from Harrogate to Kendal where Parker and Parker are.

I'm sat here reading 911UK on 3G and it's TOTALLY unlike any other OPC I've been to - a friendly, relaxed place - first impressions are very positive.

I'm looking forward to the drive home :wink:

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117993

Rob, it's always good to open her up, so to speak

havent driven mine since Brands on the 5th and get her out tomorrow am for a day at Silverstone

I do miss driving in the week but dont miss driving in London !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117994

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 16 February 2007
As I'm stopping just outside Chiswick OPC on the A4, i say a small prayer that I can get caught on the front row of the "grid" at the next lights so I can clear a few cobwebs out of the engine, & prayers are nearly answered, 2nd row. But there's a new Audi TT in front & a bus to the side. Great there will be a gap. And YES.....it was a wonderful clear out....and for those of you that know this part of west London...not another piece of traffic all the way up to Hogarth roundabout, lights are green on the roundabout and no traffic on it.

Thats were i got pulled remember its only 40 down there...

Still tis awesome bit of drag strip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118010

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pmjt on 16 February 2007

Well - I had to cancel the GT3's service three times because of bad weather over the last month - today, I pulled her out and REALLY enjoyed the 60 mile journey from Harrogate to Kendal where Parker and Parker are.I'm sat here reading 911UK on 3G and it's TOTALLY unlike any other OPC I've been to - a friendly, relaxed place - first impressions are very positive.I'm looking forward to the drive home :wink:
Philip

Parker and Parker...?

a suspect a new dealer review is on the way !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118012

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 16 February 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 16 February 2007

As I'm stopping just outside Chiswick OPC on the A4, i say a small prayer that I can get caught on the front row of the "grid" at the next lights so I can clear a few cobwebs out of the engine, & prayers are nearly answered, 2nd row. But there's a new Audi TT in front & a bus to the side. Great there will be a gap. And YES.....it was a wonderful clear out....and for those of you that know this part of west London...not another piece of traffic all the way up to Hogarth roundabout, lights are green on the roundabout and no traffic on it.
Thats were i got pulled remember its only 40 down there...
Still tis awesome bit of drag strip

Rarely have to worry wot the limit is down there! Hogarth is great at speed too!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118014

We have sunny,dry weather forecast for this weekend , so decicied to take the 993 home tonight, one small problem...flat battery, so have slapped on the CETEK for the day and hopefully it will have charged it up enough so i can get home tonight.

Quite excited :oops:
Havent driven it since late november 06

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118016

waiting for speeding ticket from private road last weekend, could be a jail term if as bad I think it could be 160+ ohh dear.

but on the bright side, I dont think they have working specs on the bit I was on, cos its private ;)

Rob when they speak they are super cool and sexy, mine is a dirty girl sat in the garage waiting for her punishment tomz ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118090

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pmjt on 16 February 2007

Well - I had to cancel the GT3's service three times because of bad weather over the last month - today, I pulled her out and REALLY enjoyed the 60 mile journey from Harrogate to Kendal where Parker and Parker are.I'm sat here reading 911UK on 3G and it's TOTALLY unlike any other OPC I've been to - a friendly, relaxed place - first impressions are very positive.I'm looking forward to the drive home :wink:
Philip
Philip - would be interested to hear what you think about Parker and Parker. That's a super road mid-week but so easy hit some seriously naughty speeds!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118108

An OPC review? Oo eer, well - ok here gos - Sundeep, do move this wherever you think appropriate.

I've been a customer of JCT in Leeds for over ten years - they used to be excellent with really enthusiastic staff - but as they've become a 'corporate' they've lost the interest. Final nail in the coffin was their scratching my 996 door - and then denying it (poor people, I had photographic evidence that it was them :D ) and THEN loosing the service book for my GT2 while in for service - oh, and they're irreplaceable by the way - you CANNOT get a replacement sticker :evil:

Funilly enough, after ten new cars from JCT I'll never buy another car - or have service done work there again. (I should point out, the parts guys Jamie and Tarn are superstars though).

So, upon the recommendation of several people I booked in with Parker and Parker - first thing to point out - I know a minor service TAKES 35 minutes - but is charged as one hours labour - so when booking in I asked "could I sit and have a cup of coffee while you do it?" - "of course sir, no problems, we'll do it as soon as you arrive".

Blimey - customer service? Helpfulness? What's this - from an OPC!!!???

She was booked in last week - and then the snow came - I called and apologised - "no trouble at all sir - best to be safe - see you next week" - last time I did this with JCT they moaned on about their service schedules being cocked up!

Nice "sensible" drive over to Kendal :wink:
- about 1hour 10 minutes - takes me 55 to JCT so no extra hassle.

As soon as I arrived - "Ah, you must be Mr. Taysom" - Blimey - personal service! Wow. The car was taken straight into the workshop - sat down - had two cups of coffee - 3G reception meant I was online the whole time - everyone passed the time of day while I was sat there - within 1 hour 5 minutes - the car was ready.

I'd noticed a young salesman talking to a guy about a 997 Turbo and asked to have a look in - totally obliging - then said, only thing I'd consider chaning my '3' for was a 997GT3RS - "we have one in the other showroom - would you like to see it?" - a drop dead gorgeous in blood orange - the guy who's bought it, I KNOW will sell it on for a profit - might have to make a call tomorrow :wink:

Sales chap was more than happy to let me look all over and have a sit in (got to be honest, I prefer the 996 interior - I must be weird!). No pushiness, no pressure, no arrogance - just delighted to show me how nice the car was.

As I went to leave, the technician who'd worked on my car came out and explained that it's in excellent condition "like new" and noted a very small scuff on one wheel.

Then a chap who'd been walking around while I sat there, came over for a chat - we discussed Porsche's new and old - as I said goodbye, he introduced himself as Ian - the penny dropped Ian Parker (as in the son of Parker and one of the Parkers in Parker and Parker!).

So, in all - a really pleasent experience - I don't know any other OPC where they'll hapilly talk to you about cars - zero pressure - where the technician comes out to talk you through the work done on your car, they're happy to accomodate you by doing the work when you arrive and wait, and where the owner of the business comes and talks to you with no airs and graces.

I've bought from four OPC's over the years and never known such a relaxed and friendly environment. I didn't realise they were the first Porsche Centre appointed by AFN in 1957 - and remains family run - you can tell it's a family business and not a profit centre focussed corporation.

I only purchased a couple of hundred quid minor service - but I'd definitely go back to order a new car from them.

Yes, it's a small showroom and there's not much stock in on display (never seen so many bleedin KN's!), it's not as flash as the bigger, newer OPC's - but I really liked that.

Hope this answers any questions.

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118117

Rob

997????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118131

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 16 February 2007

Rob997????
possibly in the opc, for a service, get it, read the post ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118132

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 16 February 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 16 February 2007Rob[/i:KDvUf7J2dz]

997????
possibly in the opc, for a service, get it, read the post ;)

You lot......I parked up in the office car park next to a 997....doh....still to work out who's it is. I'll give a right telling off when I find out cos he held me up on the way home....sat in the outside lane at 65....bloody Porsche drivers... :eek:

Hows the RS Stu?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118135

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back