Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Side Air Vents

Parts

Banned
Does anyone know how you change these on a 996 - it can't be two difficult - they only have 2 screws?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52642

they have 3 - the third one is hidden under a blanking plug - i think they are torx 20 size - the drivers side one is a pain cos you need to take the light switch off first

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52654

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911doctor on 06 April 2006

they have 3 - the third one is hidden under a blanking plug - i think they are torx 20 size - the drivers side one is a pain cos you need to take the light switch off first
And how do you take the light swith off, is it a "just pull". I have check I have the correct torx. Have just had a look where is this blanking plug? SOrry for all the questions. :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52673

yeh, i need to know too actually. my drivers side air vent is broken - won't go up and down.

cu

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52692

Lee, had my new vents arrive today, they are quite easy to change, the third screw is in the large circular blanking plug (lights on the drivers side).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53295

Chris, where did you get your new vents from and how much did they cost?, was thinking about changing mine with the type that come with the ali pack (is that possible??)..Daz's look pretty cool in his 4S anyone know how much they are from Porsche or a good quality aftermarket?

Cheers

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53304

Rob,

Got mine from my OPC they were just black and cost £47.44 each + about £10 for the inserts. I think a Alu pack ones are much more expensive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53308

Oh and I definaltely was paying the £80 to have them fitted!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53309

OK, might have to re-think my last statement. The passenger side air-vent is easy. The drivers side is more difficult.

Have taken the light switch out, not problem. The black insert however has lights in it and I can't see how they unplug. The wires are directly soldered into it. Didn't want to pull too hard, in case I ended up without any lights.

Going to have an internet search to see if I can see how it is done.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53470

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benlin1234
Back