Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Show Active Topics ERROR

Porsche

Donnington
this may or may not effect all users, please advise if it does

It seems that in the 1st 12 days of the month the forum software gets confused so instead of showing the 01/11/06, it thinks it is 11/01/06....

so tomorrow on the 02/11/06, the forum active topics will think it is 11/02/06 and so on... problem is solved on the 13th of every month...

at this stage there is no solution before forum mk2, however I will look into this and see what can be done,

all I can suugest for now is to switching the 'Show Active Topics' bar to YESTERDAY, LAST WEEK, LAST MONTH which then works as stated...

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86783

I've noticed the problem for quite some time but never knew it sorts itself out after 12 days. Good to know it will be fixed for mk II.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86790

is it me or is this place getting like the Matrix

esp the bit in the room with the Architecht

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86791

I have noticed this for a while. It tends to only happen when I am on the site for a while, leave my desk for an hour or so (while stil logged in) and just hit the refresh button (F5).

I just close the browser and open it up again. Inherrent problem with most UK software as windows is american.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86808

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 01 November 2006

I've noticed the problem for quite some time but never knew it sorts itself out after 12 days. Good to know it will be fixed for mk II.
although using the 'last 2 hours' after using 'yesterday' seems to work now and again ! we'll see if there is a more immediate fix

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87135

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 01 November 2006
this may or may not effect all users, please advise if it does
It seems that in the 1st 12 days of the month the forum software gets confused so instead of showing the 01/11/06, it thinks it is 11/01/06....
so tomorrow on the 02/11/06, the forum active topics will think it is 11/02/06 and so on... problem is solved on the 13th of every month...
at this stage there is no solution before forum mk2, however I will look into this and see what can be done,
all I can suugest for now is to switching the 'Show Active Topics' bar to YESTERDAY, LAST WEEK, LAST MONTH which then works as stated...
regards

I remember my previous company had this same problem with one of the systems... the problem is solved when [day]=[month+1] that the current date is... so eg, if it's March, then the problem will be solved on the 4th of the month etc...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87159

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 03 November 2006

I remember my previous company had this same problem with one of the systems... the problem is solved when [day]=[month+1] that the current date is... so eg, if it's March, then the problem will be solved on the 4th of the month etc...
actually I like that reason better...... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87173

now we're at thew 11th of the 11th the active topic button now works for all !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89347

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 11 November 2006

now we're at thew 11th of the 11th the active topic button now works for all !
Well fixed! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89349

Ahhhhh.... that's better! Much easier to catch up with the 3 millions pages since I last log on!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89355

although now it's showing the 11th Dec ! so maybe it inverts after the current month number has reached and then only really works by the 13th ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89533

This problem has returned, being looked into.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129723

Seems to happen at the beginning of every mth!?!? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129730

SD it’s working for me but can I help shed some light on the issue and throw in my 2 pence

In my case the active topic function fails if;

I click on the link from the post notification email.
I navigate away from the site and come back with out closing and reopening my browser.

The function appears to work on a cookie so reasons for it failing to work for other people are;

They clear their cookies often
They have cookies disabled
They have their cookies set to expire within a certain time frame
Their firewall blocks cookies
Their spyware/AV/Firewall sweeper clears their cookies

Some people might not even be aware of this function on such programs.

Lastly save your money for the MK2 site lunch, as the problem isn't a big deal

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129731

cheers fella

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129734

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back