Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Short shift reverse

Pobs

Hi to all,

New on the Forum and keen to pick up as many tips as poss. Just taken delivery of 997 cab with short shift but am having difficulty finding reverse. It is there but I'm blowed if I can find it every time.

Traded my grey Boxster which gave no problems for over 6 very happy years

Regards
Pobs

Pobs said:
Hi to all,

New on the Forum and keen to pick up as many tips as poss. Just taken delivery of 997 cab with short shift but am having difficulty finding reverse. It is there but I'm blowed if I can find it every time.

Traded my grey Boxster which gave no problems for over 6 very happy years

Regards
Pobs

Sounds as if the short shift linkage is not correctly adjusted. The adjustment is at the front end of the cables, that is, in the centre console inside the car.
Easiest fix would probably be to take it to an OPC or good Porsche indy workshop, as they'll have the simple little jig used to set the cable adjusters.
Without the jig I believe it could involve reiterative trial and error, but would still be possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markt13
Back