Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shiny Yellow!!!

Carrera

Banned
After 2 whole days of hard work by G, my RS is nearly done, only some HD and waxing left to the doors and rear wings to finish off tomorrow.

The front end is not being HD clensed and waxed because the Paintshield is going on it this wkend.

When I got the car I thought the body work was pretty darn perfect, but when G put a spot light on it all the swirl marks and fine scratches were showing up like a sore thumb!

The paint correction G did got rid of nearly all of them, taking off hardly any paint (may be 1-2 micron, when the total paint thickness is @130 micron) leaving the few deep ones which are not visible unless you look very carefully with the spot lights.

Then he uses the HD clense and put the super dooper Vintage wax on,
WOW!!!

Never knew you can ever get such a shine on a light coloured car! Photo will not do it justice, you got to see it to beleive it, I can honestly say that I have never ever seen a yellow car shines like this!

I'll post some pics but my little camera might not be as good as G's SLR, hopefully he'll post some decent pics. later.

Pics to follow.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117215

It sounds impressive - can't wait to see it! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117217

looking forward to seeing the pics...

will she still be clean for Oulton?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117218

Ai the boy is good. Very bloody good. You wait until you take it out on a sunny day Mick, your car will be visible from space LOL!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117220

them speed cameras get everywhere...

watch out Mick :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117224

The radar/laser from the speed camera will just bounce right off my car from the shine!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117225

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 13 February 2007

Teh radar/laser from the speed camera will just bounce right off my car from the shine!
Well you can hope. :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117228

Got talked into having white car prepared and same wax put on a while back ... had similar low expectation with it being such a light colour. Like you amazed at result. Six months later car is still shiney plus so easy to clean because of the wax. Well worth effort and cost.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117239

Pics on it's way!! Be patient! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117280

still no pictures!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117287

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

Some pics BEFORE he started working on it:

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117288

Yum yum, Having seen the width of your garage Mick I understand now why G is so skinny if he did any of it inside!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117295

Mick, stunning!

Top work G, is it me or does the colour look richer now that G has the Vintage on?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117314

Definately a big difference in the richness and depth of shine and colour with G's work.

Anyone with bright colour cars (red, yellow etc) should get G to do a full paint correction + detail, I promise, you will not be disappointed!

G does it in such a way that he'll take off min amount of paint (ie <1% thickness)) to remove the swirls and scratches. With the wax, it looks awsome!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117322

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandymoo
Back