Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Servicing

Mark Gilbert

Hi

I purchased my 996 C4 last August and it is now due for a service. It is 3.1/2 years old and is just coming up to 24000 miles. At this time, it hasn't had much in the way of services done, as the mileage is low, but what it has had done has been at Porsche dealers.

Now I know that Porsche dealers charge the earth for a service, and I was considering taking it to Northway as they have such a good reputation. With it's age and mileage, do you think this will effect it's residual value in any way?

Thanks in Advance

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44108

Can't help you with the question on residuals but I can confirm that Northway have always been given me a good service and a car that had been through them as opposed to an OPC would not make me look at it any differently value wise.

Gary

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44111

Thanks Gary

I know that they have a great reputation, so I have no issue with using them other than the "fear factor" that OPC lay on you.

Regards

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44112

Some people would even suggest that certain OPC servicing would damage your cars residuals..............

I agree with the above - if i saw Northway stamps then it would put my mind at ease, but thats only cos i know how good they are.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44113

Hello, same with JZ they have a very good reputration as well.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44114

Plus point with OPC, is that the service done will qualify to buy the wtty.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44115

really? Do they do the 111 point check on every service? Did not know that.

I see you reverted back to old identity Daz...couldn't give up the post count eh? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44116

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 26 January 2006

really? Do they do the 111 point check on every service? Did not know that.

I see you reverted back to old identity Daz...couldn't give up the post count eh? :wink:

Didnt realise I hadnt, and yes I beleive that on a major service they do.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44118

The service doesnt include an 111 point check, but comprises 85% of it

you still need to pass the test to get the warranty,

being serviced doesnt qualify you for the warranty

i.e they will comment on a sweat around the rms

to qualify for the warranty you have to have it done

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44119

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members