Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Servicing Porsche Wilmslow

isysman

Daytona
Just had my 997 serviced at Wilmslow. Amazing it is my car’s 16 year service!

Anyway had a 992 Carrera T for a couple of days whilst they sorted my car. Great car to drive with great modern electronics but the car seemed big in comparison. In fact when I collected my car this morning and started to drive home I started laughing out loud at how small my car felt after driving the 992. Amazing how much the 911 has swelled over the years.

So the point of my post, the service was a major service, the cost was £845 which was ok, but as the car needed a plug change that was £790! Apparently plugs are £200 and the rest is labour. They have to remove the rear bumper and the exhaust to do the last two plugs I was told.

annoyingly they put the famous oil pouch in the car right next to the one that was already in there, and some screen cleaning fluid. I’ll add the screen cleaner to my shelf of 7 bottles that I have now and the pile to the other 3.

With oil change and brake fluid etc the final total was all in my major service was £1961

I thought now my car was on the ‘classic register‘ it would be a little less but not a chance.

I have to say though, Alan Dyde at Wilmslow is a legend, really looks after you, and the rest of the team there are great.

+1

Hi isysman,

I paid £105 on labour for plug changes last year & £115 on labour for a main service at Performance Porsche in Brighouse.

Ridders

Hi isysman,

I paid £105 on labour for plug changes last year & £115 on labour for a main service at Performance Porsche in Brighouse.

Ridders
Is that the company that was Revolution Porsche?

No, different company

Hi isysman,

Ridders
You know it makes sense (y)

Absolutely insane pricing for the amount of work involved but you're paying for the convenience, loan car, free coffee etc.............I couldn't bring myself to part with that 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NigelM
Back