Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service booked.....

huntert

Silverstone
Just booked a service (minor) at the Porsche Centre Nottingham and they talked me into having the air con serviced at the same time...they quoted me £650....i told them that i thought that was steep and they came back with a quote of £550. i also asked if i would be supplied with a car for the day...and they have said yes....i think this is a result...what do you think?

Surely they don't just mean a pollen filter and regas for £550? That's nuts!

I automatically assumed that what Huntert meant was a minor service plus the air con works for £550-00.
Is this not the case?

My indie charges £230-00 for the minor service but I don't know how much for the regas and pollen filter etc.

iirc a minor service at an OPC for a 987 is £480 so £550 for a minor + aircon regas is a good deal.

The £170 they attempted to add originally was a typical OPC price and frankly was taking the pi$$.

Notts Porsche centre....great job

Well had the work done today, Minor service,Drive belt Replacement, air con service, £640 in total...free health check...now my car is a 55 reg with 70k on it..its had 8 services.....the health check revealed the following issues....Non OEM battery, Tyres down to 4.5 mm, One wiper blade leaves a bit of a smear and a piece of one of one of my wheel arch liner is missing....So i declined the offer of new tyres, battery and wiper blade to be fitted and asked them to order the wheel arch liner part i require. So all in all I'm a very happy Boy, car is in Fabulous condition (even to Porsche standards) and i got to use a brand new Cayman S all day....what a machine they are!!!! Much faster and a sound that is intoxicating...........
Another point that i liked was the service that the sales rep (laura) gave me...was chatty cheerful and kept me informed via phone all day

oh and when i got back to my car...A litre of Mobil One and a gearbox oil top up sitting on my passenger seat for me....

huntert said:
Just booked a service (minor) at the Porsche Centre Nottingham and they talked me into having the air con serviced at the same time...they quoted me £650....i told them that i thought that was steep and they came back with a quote of £550. i also asked if i would be supplied with a car for the day...and they have said yes....i think this is a result...what do you think?
I had my aircon regassed last week.£45.

That 640 don't sound too bad for all that was done.
Theres always a cheaper deal to be had whatever you are buying but a car for the day and the peace of mind that youve been given with the health check makes me feel you didnt do too badly at all.
I never begrudge paying if I feel that I've been well looked after
:thumb:

Re: Notts Porsche centre....great job

huntert said:
oh and when i got back to my car...A litre of Mobil One and a gearbox oil top up sitting on my passenger seat for me....

Check your invoice. I'd be surprised if they haven't charged you for them.

T8 said:
huntert said:

I did, they haven't :)

huntert said:
T8 said:
huntert said:

I did, they haven't :)

Good news. :thumb:

I'm surprised. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valiant
Back