Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selling up !

TLG

A swear word on this forum I know. Unfortunatly, my job will require me to do 20k plus mile this year so I have to consider a new mode of transport ! I have relished every minute with my Porsche, but have to face reality and sell up. So I have two questions:

1) How much is she worth - 2000 W C4, manual, cobalt blue, 40k, litronic, becker upgrade. 1 prev owner. New rears a few months back. Spotless

2) What shall I get next ? Given the mileage, broody wife etc ?

I will return someday, I know....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22378

£20k p.a in a 996 is easy, why sell?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22379

You only just got it!

I'd suggest a used mercedes AMG or BMW M5...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22381

You'll loose more by selling now than to keep it and use it 20k a yr, which is easily done esp with 996. And it can be a family car, seriously, just need a bit more planning with the kids stuff.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22383

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by TLG on 09 January 2005

2) What shall I get next ? Given the mileage, broody wife etc ?
a good lawyer ! :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22385

It's a crime & shouldn't be allowed !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22395

What a great excuse to keep driving a great car. I would love to be in a position to be forced to drive mine, unfortunately I don't have much time to drive.
postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22398

Let it do it... why not do it for a year and see how you get on. You will probably not lose a lot more in depreciation if you've not long had the car and you'll really enjoy your commute which is very important as it will represent quite a large part of your working week.

I do a similar 25k miles p.a. in a 330Ci Sport and I regard the money I spent on that as well spent given the 3hrs I day I spend in it!

You can certainly cart kiddies around in the Porsche if needs must.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22413

If circumstances allow, place the Porsche in the garage and buy a BMW320dES for which BMW also throw in free servicing (check the offer is still current). You will save a fortune on fuel and other running costs and I find my 3 series as good as the Mercedes S classes that preceded it.

I am very satisifed with the BMW experience (even though it was the last car I wanted to buy) and would recommend the larger 5 series diesels for economic and comfortable long distance motoring. If you pay tax on the benefit in kind, I'm not convinced the 330d in the the 3 series makes sense.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22419

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back