Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold Selling my C2S

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

sday12

Montreal
After 11 years of ownership it's time to sell my C2S. It's taken years to get the car to this point (and my head to sell it) but it's becoming a garage queen and as we all know these cars need to be driven.

Hopefully getting into a 991 GT3.

66K miles with 21 OPC service stamps and all the known niggles done.

Thinking of putting it on Collecting Cars as the prices achieved are looking good.

What's it worth?

Attachments

• 40dd435d_6d4e_4546_b0b7_6482ac76f7ca_161.jpeg
    40dd435d_6d4e_4546_b0b7_6482ac76f7ca_161.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,764
That looks the perfect 993 for CC. RS and Turbo aside, a wide body, manual, coupe driven by the rear wheels is the most sought after. Black with grey sports seats a perfect combo - and it is low mileage! Wonderful.

GLWTA. Hope you don't end up missing it.

Given the colour / spec / mileage and the fact its a Manual (most 2S in the UK are tip, all 4S are manual) then I would price it on a par with the equivalent 4S ie the 4S would normally attract a premium but this is one of those very rare 2S with the spec to match leaving the buyer to chose 4 wheel drive, full leather / turbo brakes v 2 wheel drive .......therefore to me its a £100k+ car at a dealer so £90k+ private sale....don't undervalue it or it will just end up at an indy with a bigger markup...........to me its a perfect car for an indy (assuming all paperwork and car stacks up) as its something they can markup to reflect warranty and finance options and still make a decent profit / keep their customers happy whilst paying you what you would get private in any case without the hassle :thumb:

Rare lovely car......you will regret it :grin:

jonttt said:
Given the colour / spec / mileage and the fact its a Manual (most 2S in the UK are tip, all 4S are manual) then I would price it on a par with the equivalent 4S ie the 4S would normally attract a premium but this is one of those very rare 2S with the spec to match leaving the buyer to chose 4 wheel drive, full leather / turbo brakes v 2 wheel drive .......therefore to me its a £100k+ car at a dealer so £90k+ private sale....don't undervalue it or it will just end up at an indy with a bigger markup...........to me its a perfect car for an indy (assuming all paperwork and car stacks up) as its something they can markup to reflect warranty and finance options and still make a decent profit / keep their customers happy whilst paying you what you would get private in any case without the hassle :thumb:

Jonn,

A C2s is not turbo brakes, they use standard c2 brakes, so it's not the same mechanically as a C4s in a number of elements.
So the C4s will always be top dog along with the turbo for full spec.
Value wise, it will depend on the paperwork and physical condition.
As ever as you well know that's paramount.

Trantorman said:
jonttt said:

Jonn,

A C2s is not turbo brakes, they use standard c2 brakes, so it's not the same mechanically as a C4s in a number of elements.
So the C4s will always be top dog along with the turbo for full spec.
Value wise, it will depend on the paperwork and physical condition.
As ever as you well know that's paramount.

I never said a 2S was turbo brakes if you read what I put again ;-) ie to me this is one of the rarer 2S that you can compare in value to a 4S and thus it leaves a buyer with a choice of 2WD or the 4WD with the added bits such as turbo brake system, full leather etc.......I hope that is clearer :thumb:

The market states that a 4S always demands a premium over a 2S in the UK but this is a top notch manual 2S so will cross over values, agree all of that assumes the car stacks up :bandit:

So I've taken jonttt's advice and contacted a Indy this morning.

Very pleased with their responses, it's being inspected Tuesday.

Fabulous. No hassle either if it goes to a dealer. They must have been all over that car when they heard it was a low miles, manual, RWD wide body. The very last of the traditional air cooled 911 format. :thumbs:

sday12 said:
So I've taken jonttt's advice and contacted a Indy this morning.

Very pleased with their responses, it's being inspected Tuesday.

:thumb:

Has Henry or Tom been round I wonder :grin:

Good time to sell :thumb:

Update. I've had a couple of Indys round and although the offers are good I think I'm going to chance my arm on Collecting Cars. Means additional prep and potential hassle, but potentially worth it.

Lovely car and good luck. My advice, don't let greed get the better of you.

Big Jock said:
Lovely car and good luck. My advice, don't let greed get the better of you.

Good advice, as is jontt's 'don't undervalue it', I'll let the market decide.

Gorgeous car!

I'm with you. Try CC. I always give stuff away too cheap and the next guy reaps the benefits.

You can always drop the price if it doesn't sell, so why not try.
Plus you have the Indy prices as a baseline.

cc

And remember, Stand Firm don,t let them pressure you into dropping the reserve :thumb:

The last WB NA Manual 993 that sold through CC was back in July 2021. A Silver 4S with Red Leather and 72k miles. That sold for £77.5k + 6% Buyers Premium.

I'd say that prices have gone up since then. The colour is also a factor and Black being particularly sought after on the 993. I have no doubt it will do very well on CC. :thumb:

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back