Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

seat belt receiver - restoring the red

knw911

Silverstone
Hey guys

Like many I guess, the red release button on the seat belt receiver has faded to a patchy pink.

Any tips and tricks to restore it?

Heat gun - but be careful.

Demo:

Gtechniq C4 Trim Restorer works on black plastic (and pretty much everything else) presume therefore it would also work on red plastic...

Space Cadet said:
Gtechniq C4 Trim Restorer works on black plastic (and pretty much everything else) presume therefore it would also work on red plastic...

Interesting. I have the carpro dlux (similar product) in the garage. May try that too.

Any liquids will probably wear off pretty quick if the buttons getting pressed a lot. Heat gun changes the texture back to original out the mould rather than masking the issue a liquid application does.

knw911 said:
will give it a go with some before and afters

A heat gun and an old plastic interior part... what could possibly go wrong! :eek:

:grin: :gunfire:

On mine the pink is just a bit of oxidisation rub your finger nail on it and it comes back bright red.

... in which case, maybe compound polish would work. Will give it a try, though it didn't work on the red bit on the bonnet release.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlb81
Back