Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scratches

Jonathan Rubins

Can't believe what young idiot at hand carwash has done to my bonett 2 huge long scratches I think left from his chamois. Any suggestions other than a re-spray gratefully accepted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24973

Legal action ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24974

i

Take it to a bodyshop

see if they can flat and polish it ( very fine wet & dry paper then rotary mop with 3 grades of compound/ t cut, then wax)

they'll know what i mean

if the scratches are too deep then its repaint

mark Pearce

www.stirlings.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24975

thanks that is helpful will try bodyshop first. legal action should be against me for being such a prat in the first place

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24976

Good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24977

every time i use one

they all seem to be run by the russian mafia

and no one speaks english

Sorry not trying to be racist but thats the way it seems

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24984

Mark - sounds like you need to emply a local schoolboy on saturdays to wash your cars - would be a dream job for someone. (me if i was young enough !!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24985

You can complain for redress, but you may struggle to prove it was them.

On the positive side, you'd be amazed what can be removed by a skillful polisher- I had a deep scratch in the laquer of the bonnet of my car which was removed by a chap with a combination of v fine wet n' dry, compound and wax polish. Wouldn't want to attempt it myself, mind...

If a body shop can't help, then try a good valeter e.g.
www.parcferme.co.uk

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24989

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 02 March 2005

Mark - sounds like you need to emply a local schoolboy on saturdays to wash your cars - would be a dream job for someone. (me if i was young enough !!)
Err, is this the new version of "hullo young fella-me-lad, would you like a sweety?"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24991

hendo - you perv !!! :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24992

This thread could go downhill very fast... :eek:
I'm doing my best to resist taking it there...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24997

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 02 March 2005

I'm doing my best to resist
Thats what Hendo said to HIS saturday boy - :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25002

thanks for all the advice if nothing else has taught a valuable lesson regarding who gets to touch my car

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25003

been to bodywork shop recon £50 to sort it, may have them give all the panels a polish as the previous owner was a lover of carwashes and thewre are loads of swirly marks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25224

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jonathan Rubins on 07 March 2005

been to bodywork shop recon £50 to sort it, may have them give all the panels a polish as the previous owner was a lover of carwashes and thewre are loads of swirly marks.
Definitely worth it Jonathan, mine's going in in a week or so as the car wash maniac left lots of hairline swirls over quite a bit of the surface. Nothing noticeable from 10 feet away but close inspection (as I am want to do these days!!) just makes me want to get shot of them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25234

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arv13
Back