Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scratch sticks or miracle sponges

Private Pike

Trainee
Scuffed the front bumper underneath from an agressive speed bump, now I seen a few Facebook adverts for these so called miracle sponges, sprays and sticks

Any recommendations or are they just rubbish and false dawns ?

I've grazed the paint so as per the ad I just need the sponge to wipe across and make it all good :D

The answer to your question is the magic sponge is a very fine sanding block so after you have sanded out the fine scratch you will have to polish afterwards. Just remember that it's easy to go through the clear coat when sanding. Scratch pens depending on the colour only help to mask the damage. Just like using a touch up paint stick. All depends on how you look upon the repair. It's never going to be perfect but it's cheaper than a respray.
Hope this helps.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outrigger
Back