Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scratch removal in Sussex

JimJam

Trainee
Anyone know one of those mobile scratch removal people in west sussex?

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16254

I've just tried chips away following reading an article in 911 world,

they tried to refurb a set of gt3 wheels, a set ofboxster wheels and 2 scratches on a boxster s, charged me £360,

they lacquer shrunk on the wheels

a 2'' by 2mm scratch on a boxster became a 6'' square in a different colour, despite the operative getting the colour code 4 days before he did the job and the car was covered in overspray

i could of done better with an aerosol

My advise is to find a local bodyshop it may be more expensive but atleast they'll do a proper job,

the mobile people use single pack lacquer which bodyshops stopped using 10 years ago

I spoke to my local jaquar dealer who i've known for 15 years and they confirmed a similar experience

Mark Pearce

www.stirlings.co.uk

18 years as a car dealer and a fussy old fart

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16261

My experience of ChipsAway hasn't been good either, I have to say. The guy couldn't match the colour and was appalling at keeping in touch -- I had to keep chasing him which is the wrong way round, methinks. In the end, after a couple of weeks of it, I gave up and had the car resprayed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16380

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back