Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scantool Software and Tore B's T-OBD

Michael Taverner

Spa-Francorchamps
I recently purchased from Tore B a set of his HID headlight conversion kit and his T-OBD tool for the Scantool software.

I have fitted the headlight conversion no problem and works well.
But I am having a lot of difficulty with the Scantool. I have installed it correctly , I think, downloaded the appropriate drivers and in spite of many emails between myself and Tore as well as long telephone call with Jonttt of this forum thank you Jon, I still cannot get it to talk to the car.
I have tried 3 / 4 different port settings changing the ini file each time. I am now at a loss as to what to do next.

I live near Southend Essex and I wonder if there is anybody on this forum who lives in this area who is using this software, who I could meet up with so that I could verify what I have done is correct and perhaps try another lead or even a different car?

Topre B has agreed to replace the unit but before I send it back I just want to be really sure that the problem is not something which I am doing wrong rather than a faulty lead.

Help would be much appreciated

Michael

Michael, someone close to you could get a free diagnostic check if they take their laptop with them ie you can install the software in 5 mins and try it on their car. If it works they get a free check ;-)

If it does not work then you know its almost certainly a faulty unit and you can always arrange to meet them again to give them the free check for their trouble ;-)

Good luck but at least you've had more reason to spend in the porsche and you gave me an excuse to take mine out of the underground car park for a drive (purely so I could get a mobile signal honest)

Hi Michael, I'm going to be in Southend sometime next week if that helps? You could try it on my car?

Dug mine out recently and cant get it to talk to the car either :pc:

I cant find the auto set up file. Is there one and will it leave an icon on the desktop?

Hi Zingari,

In my case it did not install and icon on the desktop I just made a short cut from scantool.exe put it on the desk top and that works fine. I dont think there is auto set-up I downloaded the scantool software from Rennlist and unzipped the files to their own folder. That side of it all works. Just no car

I have so far spent hours trying to get it to connect to the car, but without success and I really cannot see what the problem. Probably me just being stupid, but I will get there and when I do I will let you into the secret.

Michael

Hi Michael hope you're well

Has your car chatted to other code readers in the recent past? Could be the car. Certainly not unheard of for them to play dumb.

Try a different code reader on the car at your local garage perhaps.

Michael.
I have a working Tore OBD and the software on a laptop and working.
I'm just outside Brentwood if that helps..
Steve.

Feel free to call me again if I could be of any assistance Michael.
I'm ready to replace the T-OBD if it turns up to be faulty.
Cheers,
Tore

Tore many thanks for you reply.

I now have an offer of assistance from Citori, see earlier thread, who lives not far from me and and he has your kit and its working which should enable me to either solve the problem or confirm that the unit is faulty or not. I hope to meet up with him sometime next week and will revert after that.

Thanks again for your help
Kind regards
Michael

dommorton said:
Hi Michael hope you're well

Has your car chatted to other code readers in the recent past? Could be the car. Certainly not unheard of for them to play dumb.

Try a different code reader on the car at your local garage perhaps.

Hi Dom

Thanks for asking yes I am keeping fine, but I have been so busy over recent months and have found it difficult to get to many events. Am definitely going to Silverstone Classic and doing the parade lap so may see you there. Or festival of Speed on the Friday.

Thanks for you comment re my Scantool problem. I had the car at Colchester OPC a month ago for one of their free checks. think the car was hooked up to their system at that time, so while I accept that the car could be at fault, I have that last on my list.

I am in contact with Citori who has the kit, working so a meeting with him should sort the problem out.

Follow all you post re your new car, which seemed to be perfect when you bought it, even so you have found plenty to keep you occupied and your OCD up to speed

Michael

Haha yes well there's always a little job here and there.

Just replaced the dizzy caps and rotors, and have all new rear suspension arms to fit.

I too have had very little time to get amoungst it. Hope to get out more in the coming months.

Hope you work this one out. See you soon

I would like to conclude the story of my attempt to connect my car to my laptop by using Scantool and Tore B's ODB unit.
The first thing to say is that it now connects with only a minor difficulty relating to the airbag diagnostic, which Tore said had some issues from time to time.

I would like to thank Steve 'Citoroi 'with whom I spent an afternoon running through a sequence of tests, from which we had to conclude that the problem lay with the ODB unit. I should also thank JonTT and Sirat Ask, both from this forum, who also gave their input to my problem.

Special thanks are due to Tore B who was very helpful and offered to replace the unit if I would return the faulty one which I did based on the conclusion of my tests with Steve. The new one worked perfectly.

It was great to do business with Tore and it shows that it is not just the purchasing experience which needs to be good, but what happens if something goes wrong and you need assistance. In this respect special Tore was great and anybody else wishing to order from him should do so without any hesitation whatsoever.

Michael

Michael Taverner said:
It was great to do business with Tore and it shows that it is not just the purchasing experience which needs to be good, but what happens if something goes wrong and you need assistance. In this respect special Tore was great and anybody else wishing to order from him should do so without any hesitation whatsoever.

Michael

Can I echo the same sentiments regarding dealing with Tore. Purchased one of his excellent TLock systems, had a slight issue with the receiver. Tore supplied a new receiver and new fobs as soon as I advised him of the difficulties I had experienced. Remote locking working brilliantly and mega happy with the product, cheers Tore :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back