Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SatNav Systems

Rob J

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but I'm too damn lazy to go & search.

Whats the general consensus on these portable satnav thingys like TomTom, which are the best or does it really not make that much difference which ones you get? Guess I need one with european mapping so I don't get lost going to Spa. Only need it for the odd outing in the GT3.

All thoughts welcome.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117346

I think the Tom tom's are good for the price. Something like a 510 would suit you. Kate has one and that got us round the whole of europe. Also does hands free calling.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117349

TT 710 will give you door-to-door mapping for all of Europe. Great user interface and easy to use. Best online support too.

Easy to sell on afterwards if you decide you don't need it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117350

Some seem to take ages to locate satellites which is not good.

Generally heard very good things about TomToms.

It would be nice to get one with TMC built in- shows congestion, accidents etc on the map, delivered via radio- some NavMan, Garmin and Sony systems have that. No idea how well they work though vs TomTom.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117352

All race circuits are signposted, that will do the GT3 !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117357

I have a Tom Tom 500 (its a couple of years old now) with full European mapping and it is excellent unlike the PCM1 that tries to divert me via Clackett Lane Services regardless of where I want to go to.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117361

Actually Kate has the 710, about £270. The 510 only has major routes in Europe. The 710 has all the roads.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117366

i bought i Tomtom 1 europe and it does what it supposed to do perfectly - all for under 200 beer tokens at halfrauds.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117368

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 14 February 2007

Actually Kate has the 710, about £270. The 510 only has major routes in Europe. The 710 has all the roads.
My 500 has door to door mapping in Europe unless I have a 700 :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117369

Do all of these systems now warn you where the speed cameras are?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117373

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost on 14 February 2007

no

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117378

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 14 February 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost on 14 February 2007

no
Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117381

Hello, seen TOMTOM500 on Ebay what do you think is a fair price to pay?.

Thanks for any help.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117385

Just bought a Navman F20 from Costco for £99. Has speed camera mapping as well. Nopt sure about Europe though. If you don't need mp3, phone bluetooth (which I don't) I think it's great. Get's me from A to B wherever that may be. Highly recommended.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117407

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 14 February 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 14 February 2007

My 500 has door to door mapping in Europe unless I have a 700 :?
Dave you have the 700.

I've got the 510 which has never missed a beat especially now I've got it to re-sync with my PC and it has updated roads etc.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117412

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back