Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sat nav unit

siwilcox

My sat nav unit has decided to pack up. It will not eject the dvd and the head unit does not recognise there is a dvd in there.

Is this a known problem? My car is a 56 C2. I do have porsche warranty but i have a copied DVD in the player, will porsche reject my warranty claim?

Cheers all
Simon

I had the same in my Audi which is a company car. I went to Audi and they told me they had to send the complete unit to the manufacturer (Panasonic in that case) A couple of weeks later I got back my car and a scratched CD and a post it where stood next time I had to pay.
I assume Porsche will handle this in a similar way.

siwilcox said:
My sat nav unit has decided to pack up. It will not eject the dvd and the head unit does not recognise there is a dvd in there.

Is this a known problem? My car is a 56 C2. I do have porsche warranty but i have a copied DVD in the player, will porsche reject my warranty claim?

Cheers all
Simon

The Becker PCM unit is notoriously unreliable, plenty 996 owners, myself included have had, or do suffer from a wide range of issues. I would imagine the warranty b*strds will use the suspect CD as a 'get out of jail free card' but worth a try, as a new unit is eye wateringly expensive!

Good luck.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back