Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RSS engine mounts.

Frenchmeister

Barcelona
Fitted yesterday, hardly noticeable NVH and car feels much tighter including gear change, one of the old ones was well shot.
RSS recommended, tarmac 624 series (y)

Just about to swap my mounts for the same, as I had them on a 997 and could really feel the difference. How long did it take you to swap them over?

Yeah I heard a lot about vibration before fitting my RSS, didn't notice any, just benefits.

Just about to swap my mounts for the same, as I had them on a 997 and could really feel the difference. How long did it take you to swap them over?
About an hour Steve as I tend to faff about cleaning stuff whilst in there.

Yeah I heard a lot about vibration before fitting my RSS, didn't notice any, just benefits.
Felt some on tick over, but nothing to stress about.

Are these the ones you have installed:

I have a set of these which I'm not installing due to selling my car if anyones interested in buying them from me.

Are these the ones you have installed:

I have a set of these which I'm not installing due to selling my car if anyones interested in buying them from me.
No,fitted RSS ones.

I fitted the ones linked above today. Initial thoughts:
- More engine noise in the cabin, which is a good thing. I always thought my engine sounded a bit muted, so I'm happy with this.
- A tiny amount of extra 'fizziness', car feels a bit more engaging, but no additional unwanted vibrations
- The car wants to change direction slightly more easily. Feels more 'sports car' through B-roads
- Gear shift is slightly improved, more direct

My old mounts had year 2021 printed on them, so they had loads of life left in them (previous owner must have fitted them before the sale). Therefore the difference wasn't night and day for me, but still worth doing.

So if you want your 996 to feel louder, better shifts and more 'sports car', it's a good buy. If not, then you should sell it and buy a Cayenne/Taycan 😆

I’ve had both, and I have them on my current 996.

They definitely cause more vibration/noise in the car, and it’s not a particularly nice noise either, if I’m honest. It’s just the body of the car magnifying the noise and vibration of the engine around you, like something is out of balance in the engine. If you don’t like interior trim rattling and vibrating, don’t fit solid or semi-solid engine mounts.

That said, I put up with the downside, because they do make the car a whole lot more responsive and taught. Gear change improvements too, as most people report.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hills
Back