Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RS Engine Mounts

ColinC

Suzuka
I know this subject has been discussed several times before, so I do apologies............

Finally got round to fitting the mounts yesterday to replace my original C2 mounts (looked good but obviously knackered). I read the reviews and to be honest, based on my previous experience was putting down the slightly woolen feeling to shocks and top mounts.........however what a transformation!

It seems to have sorted the niggly 1st to 2nd gear change, creaky noise as I went over speed bumps (reckoned seized top mount on rear) and the car is far more planted with much more feedback.

If you haven't done this do it.......cheap and simple to do with lots of positive results!

:hand:

No no no, I do not need more "good to do" jobs on the 993. Please do not post things like this. It makes the sickness worse :eek:

:thumb:

:agree: Yep, a relatively cheap mod that produced noticeable results.

jonttt said:
:hand:

No no no, I do not need more "good to do" jobs on the 993. Please do not post things like this. It makes the sickness worse :eek:

:thumb:

+1 :wack:

Remap & Trolley Jack done,
HID Kit & Brackets Purchased need to fit
Exhaust Mod, OEM Exhaust Tips, Windscreen Refit, Wheel Wrench all in my near future schedule
& now RS Engine Mounts :eek:

Ah well, it'll be interesting to see the wife's face when she opens them on Christmas Day :mrgreen:

Ridders

ColinC said:
Finally got round to fitting the mounts yesterday to replace my original C2 mounts (looked good but obviously knackered).

I'm doing a survey - what were the part numbers of your originals please?

Prior to removal........

image_zpsf55fb739.jpg
[/URL]

[/img][/url]

I changed my C2 mounts for C4 ones as the originals were caput.
Mine had done 117000 miles, big difference to clutch pickup and gearchange as already stated.

The one thing is, you don't know if just replacing them with new, original mounts would also have given the same improvement.

Thanks - any chance you could tell what colour the paper dots were? Very unlikely I know....

Unfortunately the paper dots have fallen off...........could this be the reason for there poor performance :grin:

Think mine were white dots before I upgraded to 993C4 mounts :dont know:

Hi OC,

Think I posted this before but my dot was blue. I've attached a picture for you.

ATB :)

Attachments

• engine_mount_191.jpg
    engine_mount_191.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 4,121
PeterS said:
The one thing is, you don't know if just replacing them with new, original mounts would also have given the same improvement.

It may well have done, but they are twice the price.

I Too have had the rs mounts fitted and think they feel excellent albeit that there is more vibration inside the car and perhaps a bit more noise from the engine too. I have also wondered what fitting new standard mounts would have felt like compared to the old ones so does anyone have a good comparison?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back