Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rough idel

Tookey_87

Trainee
Just took my car out and I noticed it was ideling rough and when I went round the back to have a look its sounds rough at the drivers side exhaust but it okay at the other, was wondering if anyone had any clues what it could be? It's a 2000 c4 manual with 76k on the clock

Cheers
Dan

GT4 said:
Coil packs if it's bank specific.

Thanks for the fast reply

Yes it only sounds rough on the o/s exhaust, I had a inspection done on the car about 2 weeks ago and they said that the coil pack on no. 5 was cracked but I thought that would mean it would be coming from the n/s exhaust?

Whilst thats true about the exhaust cross-over (and the inspection findings are new information for this diagnosis), if anything it confirms my suspicions: if one is cracked then they are all cracked (or about to).

Replace one, replace all.

If it has only just started doing this after/during use in rain, then it is almost certainly coil packs.

GT4 said:
Whilst thats true about the exhaust cross-over (and the inspection findings are new information for this diagnosis), if anything it confirms my suspicions: if one is cracked then they are all cracked (or about to).

Replace one, replace all.

If it has only just started doing this after/during use in rain, then it is almost certainly coil packs.

ill change them and go from there, thanks for the fast reply and help.

Cheers
Dan

It is very wet at the moment .. My car sometimes plays up after a long time stood in the wet. Warm through and it all clears away.. Coil packs all new ..

You may have water issues or as suggested your coil packs are done..

:thumb:

My cel has just come on aswell tonight so I hope it's not something bigger, or would the coil pack bring it on if drivin?

My cel has just come on aswell tonight so I hope it's not something bigger, or would the coil pack bring it on if drivin?

Could be that the missing coil has thrown a fault elsewhere (I had a MAF fail in an alfa that threw up loads of fault codes none of them MAF related) but someone who actually knows something will be along soon.

If the cylinder is not firing (properly), your emissions could be through the roof and send the lambda sensors lighting up.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
246dbo
Back