Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rough Guess On Value - 997.1 C2S


6 Sep 2020
Seems my towing vehicle is dying just as I get my 911 spick & span. Things never run smoothly for long do they :frustrated:
One of my options is to buy a Transporter and use as a daily driver with the bonus of using for surfing/fishing/biking etc as well as towing. The added expense of this option would force me to sell the 997 I think but it would be good to get an idea on realistic value so I can sit down and do the sums and decide whether to go the dub route or get a used 4x4 instead.

My Porsche has just gone through an overhaul and is now in fantastic order as follows:

911 Carrera S 54 Plate
Full 6 pot Hartech rebuild 2,500 miles ago
Sports Chrono
Sports exhaust (sounds mint.)
Full alcantara head lining etc etc.
No rust and paintwork in excellent order.
Cobalt blue (great colour.... always gets comments.)
4 brand new pilot sport tyres
Brand new rear shocks
Brand new front discs/brakes
Clutch just been sorted.
Other extras such as carbon sill plates,
Private 997 plate
It has got 98k miles on the clock but with the recent rebuild and other recent work it's good to go, bullet proof, future proofed and drives fantastically.

No expense has been spared bringing the vehicle up to immaculate standard and it's typical that as soon as I get it to where it should be, another vehicle chucks a spanner in the works.
It may not come to selling but as said, knowing a rough value will allow me to make a sensible decision.
Cheers for any help...
In the current 'sellers market' I'd stick it up for at least £24k.

There's a few around at that price point but yours sounds like a good one.

GLWTS if you decide to go ahead. :thumb:
Wouldn't you think £24k seems a little low, especially given the Hartech rebuild recently; we all know anyone looking to buy one of these is desperate for those magic words!

There's a cobalt blue one on AT, just been sold for £25000 with no rebuild so, given the rebuild is worth circa £12k, my money would be on late 20s.

GLWTS; I'd have been pestering you 2 months ago and yes, that is an awesome colour!
Keep it! Well sorted car for a while with no fears :thumb:
Cheers guys and thanks for the PM's. I just need to find a little time to do the sums now and see what works best. Will probably be the biggest trauma in my life so far if I end up selling :frustrated: :D ..... am in no rush. Gonna base figures on 28k thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Latest member