Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rotten *&^%! Northway to the rescue

PolarExpress

Banned
Picked up a lovely fresh pair of rear Corsas Thursday evening in anticipation of this coming Monday at Bedford having scoured numerous suppliers who all seem to be out of stock. Decided to take the car out today for a quick ride nowhere, and 5 miles later, under acceleration I feel the car pulling left then right... Pull up at a nearby Halfords to take a quick look, and lo and behold, a giant masonry nail wedged right into the rear left Corsa which is about half deflated... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Just typical!!! Barely 50 miles in, and a precious Corsa ruined with the possibility of a scuppered trackday at Bedford. Of course it's 445pm on the Saturday before the bank holiday Monday... where on earth am I going to find a pair of 285/30-18 Corsas in the next 15 minutes?

Ring up a friend who's nearby and she tells me about Northway Tyres in Colindale. 118118, and Northway decide to stay open late to help me out with a pair of N4 Rossos which they have in stock. Sadly no Corsas, but the chaps at Northway were heroic and even gave me a great discount on the tyres whilst staying open 45 minutes after closing. They go on to tell me that they can do 25% discount on 4 x System Corsas if I order ahead of time.

If anyone is in NW London and in need of tyres, give Northway a call and speak to Dennis. Top bloke - it's a refreshing change to be able to recommend outfitters like these who are willing to go out of their way to help you out when in need.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53934

That's pretty awesome service, especially on a BH. As you say restores your faith in good old customer services!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53972

Well done Aid, and have a good track day tomorow, try not to kill those new tyres.

I would have thought that they would have had tyre people at the track tomorow though.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53974

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 16 April 2006
Well done Aid, and have a good track day tomorow, try not to kill those new tyres.
I would have thought that they would have had tyre people at the track tomorow though.
Daz

Thanks Daz! I was thinking that too - but they've never been there at the past Easytrack events. But who knows, just maybe this time? If they are, I'm going to swap over for another set of Corsas as the Rossos really aren't that great on circuit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53985

A

bad news on the tyres but you probably want to start doing what the others do and keep a spare sets at home

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54002

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 16 April 2006
A
bad news on the tyres but you probably want to start doing what the others do and keep a spare sets at home
regards

Hence the move to Isleworth... Getting out of my micro-sized pad in town and getting a place 2.5 times the size! I hear the area has a good Pork following... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54010

Adrien,

You'll be 5 miles or so from me! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54013

Excellent! There are at least 5 other Pork enthusiasts in the immediate vicinity... that'll be 3 GT3s, 1 Targa, 2 Boxsters and who else? We could afford to have regular West London meets at a few of the good pubs in the area. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54015

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 16 April 2006

Excellent! There are at least 5 other Pork enthusiasts in the immediate vicinity... that'll be 3 GT3s, 1 Targa, 2 Boxsters and who else? We could afford to have regular West London meets at a few of the good pubs in the area. :)
actually been meaing to have a west london/surrey meet soon !

poon, it's london so 5 miles is still about an hour away :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54016

I hope they told you to just buy one - if the other tyre has only 50 miles on it there is no point replacing it!

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54100

Sundeep,

I am in Harrow, so Isleworth is about 30 mins on a good run, 1 hour during daytime traffic!

where are you?

LOJO, you can't mix tyre brands, especially on track!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54119

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by LOJO on 17 April 2006
I hope they told you to just buy one - if the other tyre has only 50 miles on it there is no point replacing it!
LJ

Got a pair of Rossos... one spare Corsa sitting in the house! Rossos made it fun today at Bedford... loads of tail-out action today! All this tyre talk makes me think about not just spare tyres, but probably a spare set of wheels is more in order! MMmmmm... those BBS LMs.... :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54186

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j44k-dv
Back