Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rivervale

manek

Spent last evening at Rivervale where E Sussex PCGB chapter has its annual evening with mince pies at the local dealership. I had time to have a serious look around the GT3RS, a C4S cab and the pepper pot sitting on the showroom floor.

And in spite of the beautiful interiors (I'm not one of those who thinks that a massively unergonomic 1963-designed cabin has to stay that way) I remain unconvinced that the 996 shape is anything better than 'quite nice'. The GT3RS looked like a serious bit of kit though, even if in white with decals it looks a bit, well, naff. I know, I know, it's historic but even so...

The Cayenne's leather bits did smell very nice.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11529

Any nice 993s?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11542

Hi Manek,

Sorry to bring up a previous thread of yours, but have you ever considered a 964 Turbo 2? Good combination of power,luxury and aggressive looks for 993 money or less. Just a thought.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11545

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by noony on 03 December 2003

Any nice 993s?
Ha! You must be joking :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11546

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by bosch on 03 December 2003

Hi Manek,Sorry to bring up a previous thread of yours, but have you ever considered a 964 Turbo 2? Good combination of power,luxury and aggressive looks for 993 money or less. Just a thought.
Ye-e-e-s, just maybe. Nice idea re the power but going for an older car with known issues? Not what I need right now. Ditto higher Insurance & maintenance bills. I feel like I've painted myself into a 993-shaped corner here!

Oh well, I went out this pm and cleaned the glass inside the headlamp assemblies. Amazing what a difference it visibly made... That's my sad bit done for today!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11547

Hear what you're saying, but the 964 Turbo doesn't have the reliability issues of the 964 because its based on the tried and trusted 930 3.3 engine. Spec on turbos are generally fully loaded (full ruffled leather, air con, heated seats, etc)... Mind you the 993 is the balons de chien, particularly in silver (I'm biased; my car is artic silver with blue leather). Maybe go for 17" cups and turbo light kit (all red rear, all white front), and modded airbox. BTW, If you're concerned about comfort, 18" s will give you a choppier ride.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11548

You can also get a 3.6 turbo for around what that 993 C4 you mentioned will cost.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11549

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by noony on 03 December 2003

You can also get a 3.6 turbo for around what that 993 C4 you mentioned will cost.
That's the upfront cost. Running costs may be an issue here...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11551

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by bosch on 03 December 2003

Hear what you're saying, but the 964 Turbo doesn't have the reliability issues of the 964 because its based on the tried and trusted 930 3.3 engine. Spec on turbos are generally fully loaded (full ruffled leather, air con, heated seats, etc)... Mind you the 993 is the balons de chien, particularly in silver (I'm biased; my car is artic silver with blue leather). Maybe go for 17" cups and turbo light kit (all red rear, all white front), and modded airbox. BTW, If you're concerned about comfort, 18" s will give you a choppier ride.
I think that's the thing: I love the look of the 993 as is (and I'm none too keen on whale-tails) :wink:
. Mine's silver too...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11552

Could supercharge it :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11554

Good to see you are paying attention to what I tell you Noony :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11560

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by manek on 03 December 2003

The Cayenne's leather bits did smell very nice.
So Manek, the Porsche folk and other customers didnt find it odd to see you leaning in the drivers door with your face pressed against the seat pad?

:?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11566

I think they thought it was normal behaviour when confronted with acres and acres of products from cows...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11573

back on the turbo 2 or 993 subject, posted one about that a while ago and have still not made up my mind! there is a lovely carrera 2s at camtune but there is a turbo 2 on ebay for £10,000 cheaper!

what would you say is a rough yearly running cost for each?

just cannot make up my mind!

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11578

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by CT993 on 04 December 2003

Good to see you are paying attention to what I tell you Noony :wink:
:oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11580

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members