Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Returning my GT3 back to how it should be

Supergoose

Or at least OEM+.

When I bought the car it had carbon dipped wheels and front grill which I needed to get changed ASAP!

It also had a few items that came up on the inspection.

-Rusty nuts! exhaust.

-Tandem pump housing slight corrosion.

- Faulty catch on cup holder

-PCM not holding location

-RMS weep rated at 3/10

- Some surface rust on inner brake faces, discs worn but in good condition

So now I will enjoy making the car perfect and use it properly. The wheels get picked up on Tuesday for chemical stripping and powder coating in factory silver.

I have bought a new grille and a list of other things:

GT3 centre caps
New mats
FVD Centre exhaust bypass
Pagid RS29/fluid/hoses

Have also decided to get involved more with this car, previously I had a detailer work on my cars and now I want to do it myself but also get involved in changing the brakes, exhaust, removing PU etc (with my pal who is a master tech)

This car has really reinvigorated my love for cars!

Here is a pic of the offending wheels! when I get the car back it will go for ride heights and geo also.

Attachments

• image_72192707_4_857.jpg
    image_72192707_4_857.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6,787
Nice! I look forward to following your progress. The front PU is a PITA to remove/refit single handed (I found lining everything up on the refit to be quite tricky), so having someone to help is a good thing. I don't mind the black wheels I think they suit the car, but that sort of stuff is all personal opinion so do what you reckon is best for you
:thumb:

I would suggest going for 5mm spacers with 245 profile tyres on the front when the time comes, together with a decent geo that will nicely improve the handling

Roro said:
Nice! I look forward to following your progress. The front PU is a PITA to remove/refit single handed (I found lining everything up on the refit to be quite tricky), so having someone to help is a good thing. I don't mind the black wheels I think they suit the car, but that sort of stuff is all personal opinion so do what you reckon is best for you

I would suggest going for 5mm spacers with 245 profile tyres on the front when the time comes, together with a decent geo that will nicely improve the handling

Thanks Roro, the wheels are actually carbon dipped and not black!

Cheers on the tip for front grip, do I need to use longer wheel bolts with 5mm spacer? The car has a very small spacer on the rear already.

When I first saw this thread I thought it was Roro putting his car back :eek:
Good luck Supergoose, sounds like a fun and rewarding project :)

Supergoose said:
Roro said:

Thanks Roro, the wheels are actually carbon dipped and not black!

Cheers on the tip for front grip, do I need to use longer wheel bolts with 5mm spacer? The car has a very small spacer on the rear already.

Carbon dipped? Oh dear. Yes get rid of that quick! :grin:

I added the spacers years back, pretty sure I did go for longer bolts but can't remember sorry. The rear spacers came as standard from the factory. Bit of an oddity that, no idea why they fitted them to the rear and not front as standard. Cost savings probably somewhere along the line

apollokre1d said:
When I first saw this thread I thought it was Roro putting his car back :eek:

That might take a while! :grin:

Be interesting to see how you get on with the FVD centre bypass my FVD valved side bypass delete arrived today😁

They all have a RMS issue, mine was a 2/10 on inspection when I purchased it. The more you use the less it leaks!!

bookmarked!

out of interest, where did you find the car? i ask because i thought i had a good handle on where all the ones for sale were but this one slipped through the net

Lenny39 said:
Be interesting to see how you get on with the FVD centre bypass my FVD valved side bypass delete arrived today😁

They all have a RMS issue, mine was a 2/10 on inspection when I purchased it. The more you use the less it leaks!!

I've replaced my RMS 3 or 4 times, I just view it as a consumable now and get it done when I'm having other stuff done

I'm curious about these side silencer bypass pipes, what's the estimated weight saving, any idea?

Supergoose said:
So now I will enjoy making the car perfect and use it properly. The wheels get picked up on Tuesday for chemical stripping and powder coating in factory silver.
Lovely looking cat. :thumb:
Not so sure about silver wheels against a red body. Have you considered a platinum or maybe gunmetal grey colour as an alternative?

Sounds like you have a good plan for it, there is nothing better than doing work yourself, I find it very rewarding and helps me bond with the car better making it 'mine'!

Subbed, will be interested to see the progress of the car!

rc944 said:
out of interest, where did you find the car? i ask because i thought i had a good handle on where all the ones for sale were but this one slipped through the net
Wasn't advertised, that's why :wink:

Roro said:
Lenny39 said:

I've replaced my RMS 3 or 4 times, I just view it as a consumable now and get it done when I'm having other stuff done

I'm curious about these side silencer bypass pipes, what's the estimated weight saving, any idea?

Roro, I think about 25lb to 35lb and it also removes a lot of heat soak from the back tyres. Will let you know what I think once it's fitted.

Supergoose said:

If your bolts are stamped "GT" in the centre and have orange collars (they should), they are the longer bolts & a 5mm spacer is no problem.

Top tip: Most places fit the 997 seal which isn't designed to last. Ask them to use the 993 seal & it will not leak for 100K miles.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back