Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retrofit cruise control 997.1 C2S

Schwaben

Silverstone
I am planning to go on a road trip into Europe and would like to install cruise control. I will need to get a garage to install as I'm mechanically incompetent at best which will hit my budget. I appreciate there's a delay in delivery. Has anyone some top tips as to where I can source the parts for a sum less than £350-400? Additionally if you know somewhere (in Surrey/Hampshire/West Sussex) that will fit and source parts for less than £600 I'd be very appreciative. Thanks

Try NineExcellence in Horley.

Retrofitting cruise is straightforward (have done so in both my (9x7 cars)

I used Wrightune nr Oxford to fit my 991.1, they also supplied all the parts.

Most indies should have the skills to do this and provide a fitted cost :thumbs:

Yellow said:
Try NineExcellence in Horley.

Retrofitting cruise is straightforward (have done so in both my (9x7 cars)

Thanks, I called them and have a price. I'm still shopping around for cheaper alternatives.

I'll be very keen to hear if you can find anyone who has the cruise control kit in stock.
I've had one on back order for my 997.2, with OPC South London, since last October.....!!

sc650 said:
I'll be very keen to hear if you can find anyone who has the cruise control kit in stock.
I've had one on back order for my 997.2, with OPC South London, since last October.....!!

No, none appear to be available so I'm going to join the queue but at least I'll secure a price now before they increase again.

Sorry to point out that if the price quoted is superseded by a parts increase due to a delay in supply it will be passed on ..

Parts on backorder often increase in price .. the garage doing the work won't just swallow the price increase , they will pass it on or cancel the booking .

Schwaben said:
Not sure if they have any in stock but Wrightune are quoting £470 retrofit price (stalk, labour, cover and coding)

See https://www.wrightune.co.uk/Modern-Porsche-Service#Cruise-Control

There is a more expensive leather steering column cover version, if you're desperate to spend more cash on a part you'll barely see 👍

I had my 991.1 done by Wrightune, they order from Porsche when needed rather than keeping stock.

Interestingly, I am buying an OPC 991.1 and have asked them to retrofit cruise. They just called me to say that Porsche GMBH have no stock and they only managed to find 1 in the country, which was at an OPC north of the border... so they could be on back order for some time!

I wonder if Design911 might have any :dont know:

jonno_ said:
Thanks, I saw this but price excludes VAT.

I'm curious jonno - is there really a significant saving sourcing yourself and then paying for fitting? The 991 price from Wrightune was a good deal when I booked and £150 less than an OPC quoted me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyp
Back