Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement service records.Not as simple as you might think

coomo

Spa-Francorchamps
Ive fancied one for years.I was at an auction, for first time in many years few months back.
A lapis Blue 2003 996 (99k)Targa tippy rolled through late at night.It had been offered a few times without selling.Within a few seconds Id reverted to type and was waving my hand around.
I got to a price I was comfortable with, and stopped.The auctioneer carried on and I walked away, knowing he didnt have a bid, but was bouncing bids off the light fitting.
I approached the rostrum an
d told the auctioneer, that Id stand on my last bid.He said hed see what he could do.
I wasnt 100% happy of the vendors credentials,so built in a get out limit if I had to re enter it.Next morning I got the call.Id bought the car.
Drove it home, with a pmc light on.Apart from that it behaved perfectly.However, Id not read the description that well,and the service records were incomplete.
Luckily it had the original bill of sale.I contacted the dealer, and they concured they had indeed serviced it.I ordered a replacement book and waited.For 4 months.I was eventually told that Porsche wont be reprinting anymore books in English for pre 2005 cars.I said ok then,send me a German one! Again I waited.Nothing.
Eventually I contacted the dealer and requested a copy of the print out.They sent it to me.What was it? A print of the invoice number, and mileage form the dealers screen.Hardly satisfactory.
In my desperation for £7 I purchased a copy book from Ebay.I filled in the details with a nice covering letter and a sae, and sent it to the dealer.This week it arrived back.All stamped as per Porsches records.
Now I have a full history.PMC issue was sorted.The dentman removed a few parking dents,and my Porsche guy serviced it.
Now im smiling every time I go to Tescos!
:lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but although your journey set off unfavourably, once you had set about the workable course of action (ie buy book, get book stamped), it was actually quite simple :dont know:

PS - :welcome:

GT4 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but although your journey set off unfavourably, once you had set about the workable course of action (ie buy book, get book stamped), it was actually quite simple :dont know:

PS - :welcome:
yes it was.However, It was the constant faffing about and calling the dealer gawd knows how many times that made it a pain, considering it was going to be ready "next week" for 4/5 months!
Without ebay I would have been stuffed!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back