Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

replacement PDK gear knob

stefant

Silverstone

Attachments

• img_4194_445c78ba6e721599e081b83f3a64bf8e7c949819.jpeg
    img_4194_445c78ba6e721599e081b83f3a64bf8e7c949819.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 16
  • img_4197_53c7f4027cca40409bae3b3a686da8030bab5802.jpeg
    img_4197_53c7f4027cca40409bae3b3a686da8030bab5802.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 16
good god someone from Porsche Design went to get their reading glasses

it is different

strange T&C's for a USA company where they it "is expressly agreed by you that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement." :unsure:

cam across this on another forum and thought I would share here. looks a lot nicer than the Porsche PDK I have. Im not a fan of the engraving on the top but they also do a plain one...

It's a bit pricey though! Maybe they will do a discount if they get a few buyers from here?

https://euroimpulse.com/collections/porsche/products/porsche-pdk-shift-knob

Thanks for sharing this, I'd be super interested. Not sure where they are located in the US (or if they even ship from the US but I'm likely to be in Miami in August if it helps bring down shipping costs). I see they even have the option for the leather boot too for an additional $150, what they have looks so much better than the very dated looking standard PDK setup.

I was originally interested in retro-fitting the 992 GT3 shifter but the PDK shift pattern isn't suitable for those of us with 991.1's as the + / - shift up / down is the other way round. The physical shifter fits but the button with the pattern wouldn't match earlier 991s :( I even found that it's possible to re-program our gearboxes to match the newer models (i.e. reverse the up & down shift push / pull) but that's additional hassle and would most likely cause warranty issues as it involved flashing a module!

The PDK shifter you've found looks spot on, the engraving isn't too bad either, but like you I think I'd prefer it plain too.

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to do until I discovered the + / - were reversed on the 991.1, it would totally bug me having it the wrong way round.

I've been in touch with EuroImpulse and they have said they could engrave their shifter with the correct shift pattern like the one I mocked up, so that's a plus point for me.

Attachments

• 991.1 PDK shift pattern.png
    991.1 PDK shift pattern.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 1
Thats handy to know, I may "Borrow" that! :)

Also if you have coloured stitching you can match by ordering these boots off ebay. You can also get the button surround off design911 for about £14

Thats handy to know, I may "Borrow" that! :)

Also if you have coloured stitching you can match by ordering these boots off ebay. You can also get the button surround off design911 for about £14

Borrow away ;) - I was also meaning to check to see what font it should be in to be even more OEM but I just knocked that up as an illustration for the guys at Euro Impulse to see if they could replicate it.

I had intended to see if we could find anywhere that would manufacture an insert for the genuine 992 GT3 RS shifter that matches the 991.1 pattern like I had posted. So if you have any luck or contacts in that space do let me know ;)

As I mentioned above I did find a company in Germany that can apparently re-program one of the modules to match the 991.2 pattern but I'm less comfortable with that type of mod wheras the gear shifter is easier to swap back out!

Maybe they will do us a discount if we get a few people together to buy from them?

I was planning on just getting the pdk knob and keeping the rest of the set up standard but

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to do until I discovered the + / - were reversed on the 991.1, it would totally bug me having it the wrong way round.

I've been in touch with EuroImpulse and they have said they could engrave their shifter with the correct shift pattern like the one I mocked up, so that's a plus point for me.
the fact they don't have the option is very odd

Maybe they will do us a discount if we get a few people together to buy from them?

I was planning on just getting the pdk knob and keeping the rest of the set up standard but
you can use EURO for 10% discount, which I found online and works.

I've been in touch with them and they are happy to do a group buy for us. This is what they've offered:
  • 5-9 people will get 15% off
  • 10-14 will receive 20% off
  • 15-20 people will receive 25% off
They can mix & match the 911/718 knobs with Macan knobs as well so that may make it easier to hit the numbers.

They also offer coloured stitching on the boot AND knob (red, blue and yellow). However, they have not released them on the website yet, but they can provide them to us. Further, for anyone with a 991.1 they have also said that they can do that custom engraving for us on the release button to show the correct gear pattern.

Shipping to the UK via UPS is doable as well for $30 USD (as one shipment). However, this may then be liable for duty etc when shipped in.

I will be in the US in August, so I'd be happy to get any shipped to a friends house out there and bring them back if that works for people?

If there's likely to be enough interest I'm happy to setup a group buy post here (I've confirmed with site admin that this would be fine too).

I've been in touch with them and they are happy to do a group buy for us. This is what they've offered:
  • 5-9 people will get 15% off
  • 10-14 will receive 20% off
  • 15-20 people will receive 25% off
They can mix & match the 911/718 knobs with Macan knobs as well so that may make it easier to hit the numbers.

They also offer coloured stitching on the boot AND knob (red, blue and yellow). However, they have not released them on the website yet, but they can provide them to us. Further, for anyone with a 991.1 they have also said that they can do that custom engraving for us on the release button to show the correct gear pattern.

Shipping to the UK via UPS is doable as well for $30 USD (as one shipment). However, this may then be liable for duty etc when shipped in.

I will be in the US in August, so I'd be happy to get any shipped to a friends house out there and bring them back if that works for people?

If there's likely to be enough interest I'm happy to setup a group buy post here (I've confirmed with site admin that this would be fine too).
Sounds great. I wonder if they will eventually offer white boot stitching and an aluminum finish for the gear knob.

I'm guessing they want to avoid civil law concepts of good faith and fair dealing

strange T&C's for a USA company where they it "is expressly agreed by you that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement." :unsure:
I'm guessing that they want to avoid the civil law concepts of good faith and fair dealing as laid out in CISG, and instead rely on their own domestic law in the agreement

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conwy GTS
Back