Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rennline gearknob

Tycho

Nurburgring
My marble grey gearknob is looking increasingly untidy despite regular cleaning. I was thinking about a new leather gaiter then saw the Rennline 917 style shifter. Has anyone fitted one of these or their other aluminium unit?

I have no experience of the Rennline ones but I would strongly recommend the WC Lathewerks gear knob and shaft (https://www.lathewerks.com/porsche-911-rl-style-spheres-shiftknob.html)

He's quite busy so there can be a wait, but he can make them in any material you like. Also £200 all in isn't bad compared to others.

Also worth getting in touch with @builtbybasil on instagram who has just finished prototyping a shaft to go along with his wooden gear knobs.

WC Lathewerks knob and shaft in my car:

Attachments

• img_0477_1_181.jpeg
    img_0477_1_181.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 3,859
Now you have got me thinking. I still like the Rennline layered design but would prefer to have the shift pattern (engraved) on top which they do not seem to do.
More to ponder.

Gwsinc said:
I have no experience of the Rennline ones but I would strongly recommend the WC Lathewerks gear knob and shaft (https://www.lathewerks.com/porsche-911-rl-style-spheres-shiftknob.html)

He's quite busy so there can be a wait, but he can make them in any material you like. Also £200 all in isn't bad compared to others.

Also worth getting in touch with @builtbybasil on instagram who has just finished prototyping a shaft to go along with his wooden gear knobs.

WC Lathewerks knob and shaft in my car:

Nice, did you consider a rubber gaitor instead of leather?

NwXiDhR.jpg

gunner said:
Nice, did you consider a rubber gaitor instead of leather?

NwXiDhR.jpg

Yes at some point I'll get a SwineEleven re-boot and new rubber gaiter. Although it's been like this for a while and the leather gaiter is growing on me.

They just look like crumb catchers to me... :hand:

I do like a good mod but these fashionable gear gaiters don't impress. OEM or RS all day long.

C.

I want to keep the leather gaiter; it was just then leather knob that was bothering me. Now worried that the Rennline 917 style knob might look a bit 'Lego".

I came round to the idea of the Rennline 917 gear knob and keeping the gaiter. Ordered last Thursday and arrived today.

993tt said:
Hi Gwsinc,

How much taller is the Lathewerks knob from standard?

Hi, sorry just spotted this. It has some adjustment in it, but at its shortest I'd say it's about the same, maybe 1cm taller. You can adjust it so it's 2-3ish cm taller if you wanted to.

Mine is set to the lowest level but might seem taller in the photos as I have the Porsche RS short shifter installed where the rectangular inner shaft is a little taller than standard.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back