Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Remote seat memory fixed.

rocco996

For a while I have had this annoying problem, where the seat always defered to a position that wasn't one I set, it did this every time I unlocked the car even though I followed the handbook instructions to set the seat position to the remote.

Well through a post on the Renntech forum I have now had this cured, it is to do with the positions the key transponders are stored in the cars computer.

Took it to my indie gave him this info and £30 later, sorted.

So if you have this problem here's the solution.

From the service manual (programming with a PST2):
"The adjustment function of the seat, mirror and lumbar positions via the hand-held transmitter is correct only if the radio code and the transponder code of a hand-held transmitter are each stored at the same position in the alarm system control module.

In this case, it is first necessary to identify and delete the stored transponder code of the lost or faulty hand-held transmitter. All remaining vehicle keys are required for this purpose because all transponder codes are erased during the deletion function.

The transponder code of the vehicle key is displayed under 'Current transponder'.
Press the F3 key. "All codes will be deleted" appears on the screen; confirm with the F7 key.

Insert the vehicle key equipped with the new hand-held transmitter into the ignition lock and switch on the ignition. Establish communication between the 9588 Porsche System Tester II and the control module. Select the position (1, 2, 3,or 4) with the arrow keys (uparrow) and (down arrow) and press the F8
key. The transponder code of the first hand-held transmitter has now been taught. Remove the key and repeat the process for the remaining hand-held transmitters......"

:D

Very interesting. :?: Several people have complained on here about not being able to correctly pair their keys with the seat memory or mirror-dipping function, in spite of having followed the driver's manual instructions exactly.

Perhaps vehicles have received new key fobs (very likely from just wear and tear with vehicles now getting to 10+ years old), and although paired to alarm DME, short cuts have been made on vehicles with memory seats which require an additional page on PIWIS coded.

The memory seats can only store two keys AFAIK and hence any new key needs an original key place holder deleted to accommodate.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back