Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear wiper delete and MOT

Bradders

Nurburgring
This was briefly touched on recently elsewhere but my MOT is due next month and I am about to remove the rear wiper. I had intended on leaving the wiper switch in the dash to make life easier if/when I put the wiper back, but my question is if I leave the switch fitted is it a fail not to have a working wiper or is it okay if there is no fitted wiper to work ??

I hope this isn't as daft a question as it sounds when typing it !!

My 964 has passed the last 3 MOTs with no wiper. It's not an issue as far as I know :)

Chris

Thanks DD - do you have the wiper switch left or have you never had a rear wiper ??

Worst way you just need to either tape the switch over or tell its for the heated seats and was the only switch you could find, personally if they are that strict id be going somewhere else. BUT ive never heard of the rear wiper being part of an MOT !!! In fact if you take your windscreen out you dont even need windscreen wipers !!!!

Bradders said:
Thanks DD - do you have the wiper switch left or have you never had a rear wiper ??

Just removed the wiper and motor and fitted a bung. Haven't removed the switch.

Chris

Cheers DD, I've got my answer :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markt13
Back