Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Wheel Liner Shocker

Moko

Nurburgring
Finally got round to cleaning out behind the rear wheel linners.

I just couldn't believe how much muc was stuck there my cars been pretty much Main Dealer serviced its whole life is this not something they do when they check over the cars and service them?

Rust claimed one of the fixed screw points that the 10mm plastic nuts attatch to, it just snapped off is there anyway to replace them without welding etc. I think Ive seen some replacements that you can JB weld the bigger base to the car but have no idea where to find them.

If you haven't done this to your car I would seriously advise you to check and prevent rust from attacking your sills .

Attachments

• f4fe6b09_a278_47bc_bb1e_7264e012befa_606.jpeg
    f4fe6b09_a278_47bc_bb1e_7264e012befa_606.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 2,669
  • a82a7f44_5aad_440c_a254_774fd2808b0d_987.jpeg
    a82a7f44_5aad_440c_a254_774fd2808b0d_987.jpeg
    860.4 KB · Views: 2,668
Well that should improve the 0-60 time :)

I did mine last year but there was nowhere near as much 'mud'.

Regarding the fixing point, you could clean up the area and rust treat it and use JB weld or a body shop 2 part bonding product. No need to weld.

Thanks but do you know where you can find the fixing to use?

Unfortunately mine snapped right at the base so its a completely new fixing that I require.

Search for BigHead threaded studs.

MC

I put mudflaps on mine there was so much crud in the front.
Mudflaps on a Porsche? should get the beards spitting out their stout.

Attachments

• img_20200917_160828693_149.jpg
    img_20200917_160828693_149.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,557
This is something i've been mentioning for years now .. some images below of my favourites but i have plenty more i've posted in other threads .

Link here to a post i did last weekend basically saying a 4 year old car with the design is actually worse than previous models ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=149206

This car has an inner sill .. this was actually starting to fill up with mud .

As mentioned on my Link Post .. OPC don't remove the undertrays or arch liners on any service .. Indys will the undertrays on a major .. at least i hope so but arch liners are a customer request .

The images are for a cab with water leaks so i had the liners off to fix that issue .

Attachments

• p5240003_851.jpg
    p5240003_851.jpg
    789.4 KB · Views: 2,529
  • p5240001_159.jpg
    p5240001_159.jpg
    790.5 KB · Views: 2,529
Thanks guys that was exactly what I needed, ordered and on their way.

This was similar on the rear arches, the whole inner lip was filled with crud... Now, if that would then protect the metal under layers of dried mud, I don't know. But it's all clean now.

I'll do the front arches next but hopefully they're not as bad...

Saying that, why doesn't the S have the back of the rear wheel arch liners? Seems to be an odd thing, but a Google suggests it's the usual. Is that right? And any reason why?

I had a similar experience recently, took the rear liners off and found the crud in one was above the rubber grommet. On this side, the top plastic retaining nut was missing and the liner had sagged and obviously allowed more crud in than the other side.
I replaced the plastic nut and it's tighter now but when I revisit this job I might heat and re-shape the liner to see if I can achieve a better fit at the top.

The other side had a much smaller amount of crud.

Wow - that's an amazing amount of crud behind those liners. Hate to think what corrosion comes down the line. Clean behind liners is on my annual Indy checklist.

remarklima said:
This was similar on the rear arches, the whole inner lip was filled with crud... Now, if that would then protect the metal under layers of dried mud, I don't know. But it's all clean now.

I'll do the front arches next but hopefully they're not as bad...

Saying that, why doesn't the S have the back of the rear wheel arch liners? Seems to be an odd thing, but a Google suggests it's the usual. Is that right? And any reason why?

Yep, I wondered the same thing about the dried mud maybe actually protecting the inners from rust after I discovered the same crud of mud at the rears while giving the car a quick clean which then turned into a long one to remove it all. It would be much easier with the wheel off but I don't have a trolley jack & axle stands to do it properly.

Previous owners garaged the car but mine lives outside so I'm more worried about the mud staying damp after wet weather driving, so I'll get them spotless then line the arches with something that can repel water etc. Not sure what will be best for this as it gets really hot in that area so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Something else I meant to ask what are the rubber bungs for?

Are they to allow Waxoyling?

Moko said:
Something else I meant to ask what are the rubber bungs for?

Are they to allow Waxoyling?

I might be wrong but i think its for drains from the ac or sunroof or something?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back