Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear brake vibration

Mark Gilbert

Folks

I have a 2002 996 C4 Coupe Tiptronic with 20k miles. I have owned it for almost 3 months and everything has been fine. However, today it has started vibrating heavily and making a loud metal - metal rubbing noise at the rear when applying the foot brake. It tends to be just before the car stops. It is almost as if the handbrake is on - but it isn't! No warning lights are on, nothing on the computer to tell me that there is a logged fault!!

Has anyone seen this before or got any ideas as to what it might be?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35060

mark

have a much closer look with a torch, if you haven't already...... pad/disc condition, etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35064

20000 miles is a very good distance if the disks have not been renewed.
My disks were causing a real high speed vibration at the rear - it was the innermost surfaces with a ring of rust about half an inch wide around both disks, in addition they were warped causing the vibration.
Check the service record for the disk replacements. If its not been done - theres your answer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35067

sounds like rusty discs to me :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35079

could be a stone or debris jammed in between the disc and pad!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35100

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back