Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rattle

Steve Wright

Spa-Francorchamps
Anyone had a very light rattle around the rear seat area. Thought I had fixed it twice but it's come back. I have taken back seats out , rattles when going over bumps.
I've checked seat belts but there's not much else there. Thanks

Coupe, cab or targa?

There is a known issue with some rivets in the rear 3/4 panel (iirc) and also the rear window fixings.

Have you checked the seat catches (into the 3/4 panel) are tight (T25, T27 or possibly T30, can't recall which)

Could be the carpet section right under rear window - I had this, new clips sorted it. It pulls to the front of the car, but needs some force to do so.

Steve Wright said:
Anyone had a very light rattle around the rear seat area. Thought I had fixed it twice but it's come back. I have taken back seats out , rattles when going over bumps.
I've checked seat belts but there's not much else there. Thanks

Steve all I can suggest is dont get too focussed on the location of the rattle as it can be very misleading , I had a rattle from what I thought was rear seat area , we stripped out everything seats panels Bose amp everything and it was still there double checked seat belt housings , finally we found a piece of wiring loom under the high-level brake light panel that appeared to be rattling and it did sound like it was inside the car , anyway we sorted that and thought it was fixed but bloody rattle was still there , just by chance my tech touched the rear bumper and heard a slight rattle . on investigating there was a hidden screw holding the bumper to the chassis (its the one that allows you to line up the edge of the bumper with the rear arch part of the bodywork ) that was rattling loose in its hole , we tightened that and the problem was gone . I was so convinced the rattle was inside the car we spend ages stripping the back out several times only to find it was external but vibrating inside the car. I am not saying this is your issue although worth checking both the things I mentioned but just dont get too focussed on inside the car as it may not be inside . :thumb: :thumb:

only gen1 I had a rattle I couldnt find and it turned out to be the silver top part of the tip lever .

we also removed 5 rivet heads from inside the rear arch double skin , two were causing outies on the rear arch and three were just lying in the Botton of the double skin , we used a borescope to locate them and a bendy tool with bluetack on the end to catch them with . :thumb:

The route i would take is have someone drive me whilst i sat in the back of the car to try and pinpoint where the noise was coming from .

Bear in mind there are pipes etc under the car and below the rear seats .

usual would be rear seat upright locking pin , seat belt height adjuster , seat belt buckle and rear panel under the screen.

Coupe and you also have the dme area behind the rear seats .. foam carpet removed and under the ally panels there .

As per Alex .. cab or Coupe ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outrigger
Back