Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rain X

Richard Eff

There has been some discussion on the Titanic list this week about wiper blade replacement and the benefits of using Rain X on the windscreen. I am pretty sure there has been discussion on this site about avoiding the use of Rain X on windscreens but I can't find it.

So, is it ok to use it on windscreens or not?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19200

Only use rain x on your windscreen if you never plan on using your wipers when it is raining, otheriwse it smears and your visibility is next to zero. However it works a treat on side and rear windows/ door mirrors etc.

The discusssion in here regarding rain x started off talking about general wax, i think.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19202

See 'What to use on windows' in Chatter

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19204

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard Fenton on 13 October 2004

#There has been some discussion on the Titanic list this week about wiper blade replacement and the benefits of using Rain X on the windscreen. I am pretty sure there has been discussion on this site about avoiding the use of Rain X on windscreens but I can't find it.

So, is it ok to use it on windscreens or not?#

i personally think its great - dont use the wipers at all! marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20335

It's great stuff -prob is if your windscreen is not absolutely spotless when you apply the Rainex (exactly as per instructions -twice in a circular motion and buff up after each application) that is when you get the smear probs....

Mel

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20852

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 06 November 2004

Its great on a Glass roof Targa!
esp.. several layers !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20857

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member