Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

R1 vs Merc

Instant fail....he was riding an R1! :D

It's says 299 on the R1 clock, for some reason something is quite not right as looks slower.

Ocean Blue said:
It's says 299 on the R1 clock, for some reason something is quite not right as looks slower.

180 odd mph doesnt look that quick on film, there again Id much rather do 200mph on my Busa than in the 996 :eek:

Ocean Blue said:

:eh!:

It looked PD quick to me + at 13.5k in 6th gear it sounded about right too.

Granted all the above, however, and quite a long time ago when I was allowed a bike, at 150MPH plus, the scenery became a blur and roadside furniture seemed to go past a lot quicker than that of the film. As for the noise, at that speed things seemed a lot quieter too, maybe the helmet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkivalex
Back