Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quickjack

I do not have a 993 but i do have a 997.

I have the 5000 and it works on my golf my volvo and my lotus.

This is the one to go for.

The 3500 is too lightweight, and with the 5000 you will have no issues with selling it on.

I just replace an engine using the quickjack so i am sold on its benefits.

I have a BL5000-SLX that i have used extensively with the 993 and would highly recommend. Photos of various jobs I've used it for are on my instagram below (we already follow each other!).

For info it I've also used it successfully with various other cars including:
2001 986 Boxster
2005 E91 3-Series
2018 Fiesta ST
2018 Mini Clubman

so its quite a flexible tool.

The only minor limitations I have found with the 993 are:

- you need to be creative with oil changes as you can't get the plastic sill cover off when the car is in the air, I remove the sill cover and the tank oil with the car on the ground then lift to get to the under tray, engine plug, 2nd filter etc. this also saves getting oil all over the quickjack.

- you can't turn the front wheels more than a few degrees with the car in the air as the tyre will interfere with the quickjack. So if you're bleeding the power steering by going lock to lock (for example after replacing the rack) you need to take the wheels off to do so.

Other than taking the engine/gerbox out, I've worked on every area of the car with the quickjack, feel free to ask any further questions :thumb:

Gwsinc said:
I have a BL5000-SLX that i have used extensively with the 993 and would highly recommend. Photos of various jobs I've used it for are on my instagram below (we already follow each other!).

For info it I've also used it successfully with various other cars including:
2001 986 Boxster
2005 E91 3-Series
2018 Fiesta ST
2018 Mini Clubman

so its quite a flexible tool.

The only minor limitations I have found with the 993 are:

- you need to be creative with oil changes as you can't get the plastic sill cover off when the car is in the air, I remove the sill cover and the tank oil with the car on the ground then lift to get to the under tray, engine plug, 2nd filter etc. this also saves getting oil all over the quickjack.

- you can't turn the front wheels more than a few degrees with the car in the air as the tyre will interfere with the quickjack. So if you're bleeding the power steering by going lock to lock (for example after replacing the rack) you need to take the wheels off to do so.

Other than taking the engine/gerbox out, I've worked on every area of the car with the quickjack, feel free to ask any further questions :thumb:

:thumb: Thank you. I had seen many comments online regarding the wheels fouling the jack, that was my main concern as it will only be using with my 993 as my VW T6 would be to heavy to use on it.

martin t said:
I do not have a 993 but i do have a 997.

I have the 5000 and it works on my golf my volvo and my lotus.

This is the one to go for.

The 3500 is too lightweight, and with the 5000 you will have no issues with selling it on.

I just replace an engine using the quickjack so i am sold on its benefits.

Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markevo6
Back