Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

QUICKER TIPTRONIC CHANGE???

GREENI

Trainee
Hi, I was wandering if there's anything that can make the Tiptronic box react a little quicker, a plug n play thing or an upgrade. It's for an '05 4S (not mine)?

Using the steering wheel buttons on the tip gives you instant super fast changes up and down, takes a while to get the hang of it at high speeds but once you do it doesn't get much better. :thumb:

Cheers guys, I take it there's no re-map, update or plug in then etc?

(glad I got a manual ) :puh:

mgeorgek said:
instant super fast changes up and down
Er No, the tip on the 996 is nothing like super fast more like wait a sec now change, it's a slush box and will not ever be fast..

forever said:
Er No, the tip on the 996 is nothing like super fast more like wait a sec now change, it's a slush box and will not ever be fast..
Do you have one?

Tinker said:
forever said:
Do you have one?
Had one never again, totally ruined the car, my turbo now is a manual and it's in a different league..

Agreed it is a slushbox.

But it's still fine as it is if you're used to it. I drive mine everyday and Im alright with it.

I have a Tip C4S and drive in manual all the time. Its not PDK quick and doesn't try to be but its quicker than a manual once you learn how to use it properly.

Double stamp the throttle pedal. It should shift the gearbox into the fastest changing and most aggressive of its maps.

Only way is having the pressure changed in the valve body.

Whether Sonnax offers something I'm not sure. I think they do for the 5hp19 but you need to research this yourself.

Had one for 24 hours & hated it!

When I go to change down, I want it to change when I want. Not wait a while & then drop 2 gears!

:nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malaking
Back