Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Question....

madalaa

.....I know there is a tyre and wheels forum but this is appertaining to 993s so Admin can it be left here for a while before transferring it over....thanks.

I need a new full set of tyres and I have used Contis since I have had the car and have been more than happy with them but they are on back order and it has been suggested by someone who is very au fait with tyres that I try Michelins and I would like to hear your thoughts....please.

MPS2 :thumb:

Michelin Pilot Sport 2 N3
225/40/18 88Y
265/35/18 93Y

:) Another vote for MPS2s. I changed from Pirelli P Zeros and these are much better

MPS2 definitely... And make sure you get a quote from Chris at Exel Wheels

He was much cheaper than I could find anywhere, especially for Michelin as he has a lot of buying power with them.

He also does the job properly.. no risks with scratching rims. etc.

I had a puncher fixed at Watlings and although they were nice people they scratched the inner rim, which you can't see, but still, not cool and could lead to water getting in one day.

Chris fitted MPS2 to mine , his service and prices will be very hard to beat.

I've just replaced a full set of MPS2 on my merc with p zeros ....... And wished I had stayed with the MPS's :pc:

If nothing else road noise from the p zeros is much worse and you can feel the more agressive tread blocks through the steering. Wish I could put my old tyres back on.

Ps I've used tyres on the drive (used to be event tyres) for years. I've always found them to be the best prices with the hassle free fitting at home or work. I've never had a bad experience of them fitting tyres to some very expensive / rare alloys in my collection :thumb:

I have just put on a set of Good Year Eagle F1 asymetric 2's and I can say They have very impressive grip in both the wet and dry.
They have a nice big rim protector and look good on the wheel, comfortable and quiet.
And to top it all they are reasonably priced for a top quality tyre.
Read the reviews online, they get great reviews.
Good luck.
Steve.

So no thumbs up for Contis?....and yes Chris is the "au fait" I was talking about.....thought I would just ask opinions.

thanks fellas......anyone else?

Hey Mads,
Big thumbs up here for Contis, but then I've always had them!
I've driven a few other 993's on Pz's and recently michelins and have found no reason to change.
Chris will be the man to listen to though , can he offer either or?

Mads, you're still alive.
Uniroyal Rainsport 2 or Michelins.
I have contis and I've gone right off them.
Not too comfortable, predictably boring all round....

madalaa said:
So no thumbs up for Contis?....and yes Chris is the "au fait" I was talking about.....thought I would just ask opinions.

thanks fellas......anyone else?

Are you on 17s or 18s?

What you have to consider is how easy are the tyres to find (in those sizes) next time.

Kimbo said:
Mads, you're still alive.
Uniroyal Rainsport 2 or Michelins.
I have contis and I've gone right off them.
Not too comfortable, predictably boring all round....

Did you go from the Rainsports back to Contis? :dont know:

I'm running the new Michelin Pilot Super Sports (225-40 and 265-35). Great tire and cheaper than the PS2. From what I've heard, unavailable in Europe?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkivalex
Back