Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Purchased the C2S

Bund

Montreal
So I bought stocksies car. He dropped it over Friday but I haven't driven it yet. I was busy yesterday with cleaning the mats to see if I needed new or not(glad to say I won't) and go karting. As for a drive I'll do that today. I'd like to go back to the original indicators, fogs and side repeaters when i get the car painted. I have with the car, the fogs and repeaters but need the amber indicators. I'll put a wanted add up but if anyone is interested in a swap let me know. Otherwise any good places to try? I can see two n/s on eBay so I might buy one of those and cont Porsche-apart. Do the repeaters come off with a flat head screw driver?

Thanks and glad to be an owner! Well I am at the moment as I haven't driven it! Haha

:congrats:

and

:welcome: (I guess!)

Congrats.

If going back to Ambers I strongly suggest new ones. No used ones will pop quite the same way. Sale of your clears (assuming genuine and good cond) will cover at least half the cost.

:thumb: Congratulations - that looks like a cracking car.

Welcome to the WB club :thumb:

Definitely buy new. Can pick up the Amber's cheap enough.

Where are you based? I could be up for a drive today before it gets detailed and hidden away for winter.

A very warm welcome, now let us see some photographic evidence please :camera:

Hello and welcome. :thumb:
I hope you enjoy your new car.

As for your question about the side repeaters, they latch in to place with a hook at one end and a clip at the other. Depending on which way up previous people have put them in you can slide a credit card under one end and push, they should then 'pop up' enough to wiggle them out.
Mine were truly stuck in and I eventually released them buy loosening the wheel arch liner and pushing them out from behind. I bit of a faff I know, but I didn't want to break anything or damage the paint.
ATB.
Steve.

Attachments

• hella_side_repeaters_new_6_194.jpg
    hella_side_repeaters_new_6_194.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 4,206
Now that there car you've bought is gorgeous.
I never thought Dan would get those creases out of the scuttle and roof after he rolled it at Zandvoort.
And once the petrol caught fire from thge sheared fuel line, when he was jumping that closed bridge that time, all for a laugh, well, I could stoip laughing for hours.
Tremendous to see how much stick those C2 s's can take.
What about the time he turned left at Whyteleaf level crossing, and drove it along the rail for 2 miles, and got stuck in a siding for the night, with the sunroof jammed open.
In the rain.
Class. Pure class.
How we all laughed.
Im sure Ive got the pictures somewhere.
He'll deny it all of course, he's so modest, is our Danno.

Great that he's got it looking like new again.
Those Romanian Gypsies he had squatting on one of his new build projects really can spread that isopon, can't they?

Nice one Bund.
If you have half the fun he had in it, you'll have invested that 10 grand he offered it to me for, brilliantly.

No seriously.

You will.

:thumb:

Ohh, you are naughty :floor:

I had wondered what the marks were on the carpets, the tarmac laying explains it!!!

Even with all its adventures I really like it, my girlfriend just asked me what I thought and I said was over the moon with it. She said you haven't said that about your last few cars which is true and one of which really were knocking on the door of super cars.

I already feel differently about this one, it needs a few bits, like a shorter throw and the cup steering wheel and it will be awesome. Perhaps it will not look right but it will feel right in my hands. It's not the fastest car I've owned for sure but it's more than fast enough for roads and at a level that ill be able to use. Only in the short drive it feels like my racing caterham and that's a good thing.

Depending on when its due to get painted I might even take it round brands Indy. See how it really compares to the Caterham.

Very pleased!

Side repeaters are from a VW Golf mk2 - IIRC Hella so just buy new from say GFS or whatever.

I can't believe you haven't driven it yet :eek: :wack: :grin:

The money he gave those Romanians straightening out, FFS

Attachments

• danno_post_bridge_jump_148.jpg
    danno_post_bridge_jump_148.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4,117
I really liked those wheels he had then.

All of this pales into insignificance anyway Bund, compared to the time he got the hump with the mortgage brokers his clients were using.

It all staightened out in the end.
Came up well in that nice gay blue in the end.
I thought silver was better.

Attachments

• mortgage_crash_943.jpg
    mortgage_crash_943.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 4,111
Bund said:
Depending on when its due to get painted I might even take it round brands Indy. See how it really compares to the Caterham

:thumb: Worth it, they are great fun on track. There is a Porsche only track day there in a week or so..

Attachments

• 883823_10152725381095601_2089892479_o_202.jpg
    883823_10152725381095601_2089892479_o_202.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 4,100
stuttgartmetal said:
I really liked those wheels he had then.

All of this pales into insignificance anyway Bund, compared to the time he got the hump with the mortgage brokers his clients were using.

It all staightened out in the end.
Came up well in that nice gay blue in the end.
I thought silver was better.

Well they do say those 18" twists can affect the handling....

Plus with the spoiler up the plod know what his minimum speed had been :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back