Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE - A waste of money??????

stokie1

Spa-Francorchamps
wait for the barrage!

But hear me out

I had the hack done on my last 997 and the noise was a thing of wonder - tunnels and underground car parks an absolute joy and completely acceptable on motorway runs etc

BUT

I looked on in envy at all the boys (and girls maybe) on this thread with the proper PSE and wished I'd held out for one and the new porker just had to have one - and it does - hoorah!

BUT (again)

Because it goes quiet half way through the rev range and you have to remember to switch it on i am less than impressed - It means you have to be thrashing it to get the luuurvley noise which is not always possible or necessary - the hack sounds great at all speeds particulary say 2,500 - 4,500 when it sounds like its just begging to be let loose!

Disconnect it I hear you say - well yes I will in which case what is the point! - I could have the hack

A retro fit or option PSE is how much? certainly £000's whereas a hack is circa 250-300

So if you happen to be looking on wishing you had the PSE dont worry just get a hack and save some wonga

Thought provoking or garbage??

PS still adore the car and all things 911

Best invention ever:

Worth it's weight in gold (and resale)

Wonderful noise: makes it sound like a Porsche.

Don't have one? - get one (PSE) or a whatever you call it Oettle/Gundo/Hollamby/FisterD mod and have one for buttons.

I'd never go back.

Absolutely agree! Just has to be done :thumb:

are you saying that PSE is better than the Gundo hack thing

cos that was the reason for the thread

completely agree that the noise needs attention from standard ..

Something needs sorting as the noise out of the back of the standard C2 is extremely disappointing.

agree completely. would defo look for PSE when buying (and have it on current 997) but would not pay thousands extra for PSE. had Hayward and Scott do the hack couple of previous cars and much better value.

I have PSE and the sound from my car is excellent. Obviously the diode is hacked (off)

But occasionally I fancy a change, push the button and have an altogether different sound, I can hear a lot more of the intake, and the car still sounds great, and awesome after you hit 5500 rpm.

It's one of those things that makes my car special.

If I was speccing a car, probably top of my list.

If you have a PSE and unplug it will it be on through ALL the rev range?

On a Gen 2 PSE is a £2.5k retrofit. If only it sounded as good as the 991. Perhaps someone will find out what needs to be done to match the 991 noise. That would be worth paying for.

poorleno said:
If you have a PSE and unplug it will it be on through ALL the rev range?

Gota have it!

Does it actually perform differently when unplugged? I'm not sure.

Empty vessels make the most noise!!. :mrgreen: .I will stick to the turbo that will blow you n/a boys into weeds in an ever so subtle way. :p

When the rev counter goes beyond vertical, my non-PSE/non-hack bellows beautifully.

Before then, it's 'quiet' enough for conversation and music.

Tinker said:
When the rev counter goes beyond vertical, my non-PSE/non-hack bellows beautifully.

Before then, it's 'quiet' enough for conversation and music.

You need to get out more :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
246dbo
Back